Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Planning my Honeymoon from LAX (Jan 2017)

Old Aug 25, 2016, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Hi Folks - can really use your help in planning an unforgettable honeymoon, from 1/11-1/31/2017 (dates flexible).

I've got in excess of 300k Amex points and over 100k Chase Sapphire.
Journey is to start and end at LAX. We wish to go to Tokyo and/or Australia (Mel/Syd) (would be amazing if we could do both) and Bali. Want to travel business/first. Already tried Singapore Airlines for their amazing Suites but all dates/options are showing a waitlist. ANA is another option but a lot of waitlists there too on some legs.

Where do you suggest I transfer my pointsWould love your tips/advice. Thank you!
Old Aug 25, 2016, 10:57 pm

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
To put it bluntly...you transfer to where the availability is. You're mentioned many places as options that could easily be seen in a 20 days but not experienced in 20 days.

Figure out a primary and secondary itinerary and then find flight availability to figure out which can be done.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:44 am

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
You're a bit late to the party for booking an award on those dates. For best options many folks book 330 days out. it will likely be hard to find confirmed First Class space for 2 at this point. You will need to do some legwork to determine what flights are available on any of the transfer partners. Or, just hire an award booking service if you want someone to do it for you.
Old Aug 26, 2016, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Congrats! Hope you find something acceptable this close to your dates.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Your best bet is likely to look at *A availability.

Finding two F seats to anywhere at this point will be extremely difficult, and finding any premium class availability between NA and NZ/OZ non-stop will be almost impossible.

However, based on my experience, finding two J seats to Asia should be perfectly doable. Even LAX - Japan (stopover) - SYD should be doable with some creativity.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Congratulations!

I wouldn't say you have no chance of landing two F seats, but agree with others that it could be tough.

At this point, your best and least stressful bet for trying to find F might be an award booking service. Here's the thread here at FT in which some are recommended: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...e-reviews.html

Regardless of whether you use such a service, don't confine yourselves to flying out of LAX. Depending on the airline, there's a chance you can find better options out of SFO, SEA, DFW, ORD, etc., (or returning to such places) if you don't mind taking the domestic hop to get to these places.

Finally, check on what the weather is likely to be like in Bali during our winter. I believe it's the rainy season there. Here's one of many sites that provide monthly temp and precipitation averages: http://www.weatherbase.com/

Hope it all works out!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.