Search

British Airways Seating

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: None
British Airways Seating

Hi,

I am new here and have arranged to fly to Singapore with BA on 19/11/16.

I have a choice of Aircraft A380 or 777.

Which I choose may well depend on the advice I receive

Here's my dilemma I am 6'6"" tall. I have Long Legs 36" inside leg measurement.

Any advice would be appreciated on which seats would be best.

I am thinking I may need to go "World Traveller Plus", to get the leg room but am just not sure

Thanks in advance for any help given

Don MacKenzie
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:18 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Hi, welcome to Flyertalk, ddonmack. There are forums entirely devoted to each airline.

There is a forum entirely devoted to BA here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...tive-club-446/

At the top of that forum you will see there is a "sticky" of the forum dashboard where you can read all about different parts of BA and the seating issues are covered there. See:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...dashboard.html

At your height you are not going to like economy unless you are in an emergency exit, so have a look here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ller-plus.html
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk ddonmack.

We've relocated your post to the BA forum for further assistance.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Jul 30, 2016, 11:49 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Unless you have oneworld Emerald status, exit row seats in economy are only available for purchase from 14 days prior to the flight by which point they may have all been selected. So there is a good chance you'll only get a standard economy seat.

If you go with premium economy I would suggest not taking a bulkhead seat as they have limited legroom.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by nux
If you go with premium economy I would suggest not taking a bulkhead seat as they have limited legroom.
On the A380 there is plenty of leg room, however, at the bulkheads in WTP, row 61, sufficient for you to pass to the window seat without disturbing the neighbouring seat. I'm 6 foot 1", 33 inch inside, in old money, and if you look at where my heel is, I wasn't able to touch the bulkhead even if I tried/slouched.

For the 777 I would agree with nux. So my advice is go for WTP, ideally on the A380; but if you are on the B77W (777-300) you'll get a similar seat, but not as comfortable a cabin. I would pay for the seat if necessary. Your size is such that very longhaul economy simply isn't a sensible option on any airline frankly.

Welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum ddonmack, it's good to see you here, and I do hope that you will stick around. One place to have a look at is the Forum Dashboard, where there is are specific threads on seating options, the A380 one being particularly informative.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 31, 2016 at 12:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.