Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How To Do Weird Searches

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

How To Do Weird Searches

My travel situation is perhaps a bid odd and there are two kinds of searches I want to do but don't know how. They are kind versions of each other.

Search 1: Locate all location in region that I can fly to nonstop from a specific location. So, e.g., I want to fly to Asia from San Francisco but am open about where I go to as long as it is nonstop. Some I know (PEK, SHA, ICN) but I know there are more. I just learned, for example, that there is a nonstop a couple of times a week to Xian in China. I take somewhat long leisure trips and the starting point matters less than the cost, convenience, etc.

Search 2 - I want to find all the nonstops from a city. So if I am in Ho Chi Min City, I want to know where I can fly nonstop from there.

I've found this info surprisingly hard to find. Some airports have a listing. Some not. Is there any tool this community knows of to figure these things out?

Thanks a ton!
Old Jul 27, 2016, 11:50 pm

Your best bet is to start by the wikipedia of the airport you want to fly out of. They typically list all destinations (nonstop)

E.g. for HoChiMin airport, see all destinations here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tan_So...d_destinations
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:08 am

https://www.kayak.com/direct/SFO
Old Jul 28, 2016, 11:18 am

lol i just went through this a few months ago. it's very simple with google flights.

first you select your departure city (ie tampa) and then select nonstop. leave the arrival city empty

then click on the map below that says explore destinations. the cities that have a red dot next to them are the ones that you can fly to non-stop

i've attached two pics to illustrate what i'm talking about. good luck
Attached Images   
Old Jul 29, 2016, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. The Kayak solution is particularly great!
Old Jul 30, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: DL DM MM; Hilton Diamond; Hertz 5*
Keep playing with Kayak - there are many great features in their software (trip tracking and what they call fare hacking come to mind).
Old Jul 30, 2016, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just be aware that many of these methods do date-specific searches, while some destinations are only served (nonstop) on certain days of the week. So if you're not fixed on a particular travel date, you may need to experiment around to make sure you find all the nonstop destinations even if they're only once a week or whatever.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: DELTA
You can also do a google search, "flights from xxx" and typing in an airport code. This still works for Int'l airports like ICN, PVG, AMS, but less and less from airports in the USA.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 11:31 pm

Programs: TudoAzul Diamante, Smiles Diamante, Latam Gold
One tool that I like to use to check all the companies and flights on a specific airport is Flightmapper (example: http://info.flightmapper.net/airport/SFO)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.