Search

Which way round?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2016, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Etihad
Which way round?

Hello FT

Having relied on the expertise of the FT folks to get me better seats on BA, and great lounge tips, I'm now hoping to ask you all for your advice. I have to do a trip from LHR to visit AUH and ICN. Would it be best to do LHR > AUH > ICN > LHR or LHR > ICN > AUH > LHR. Desperate to reduce jet lag as this will be a compressed trip with a day or two at most in AUH and ICN.

Cheers
Old Jul 27, 2016, 7:16 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TSR2
Hello FT

Having relied on the expertise of the FT folks to get me better seats on BA, and great lounge tips, I'm now hoping to ask you all for your advice. I have to do a trip from LHR to visit AUH and ICN. Would it be best to do LHR > AUH > ICN > LHR or LHR > ICN > AUH > LHR. Desperate to reduce jet lag as this will be a compressed trip with a day or two at most in AUH and ICN.

Cheers
I vote for option 1 because jet lag hits me harder going east.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 10:32 am
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Hi TSR2, and welcome to FT.

Moderator Note: I'm going to move this thread over to the Information Desk, where basic booking questions are better addressed. Please follow the thread over there.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 8:46 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Welcome to Flyer Talk TSR2

The schedules have a bearing (e.g. daytime vs overnight flights and early vs mid vs late departure and arrival times).
Old Jul 28, 2016, 3:40 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I'd do option 1 with daytime flights as well. Jetlag to AUH should be no problem, and consequently ICN should be ok by then as well. Sleep on the way home from ICN. Is this in economy or premium?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA, Etihad
Thanks-this will be in business. I've looked at the schedules and there are two options. The first option is LHR to AUH to ICN to LHR direct (and I get my EC points but have to do 14hr flight back to LHR), the second option is the same out to LHR but on the way home connect back in AUH, using Etihad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.