Wiki Posts
Search

Delta vs. Virgin vs. Jetblue SFO-JFK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

Delta vs. Virgin vs. Jetblue SFO-JFK

Hello Everyone,

I've flown LAX-JFK with one of the Delta 767-300's in Economy and loved it due to the space and entertainment system (the seats were comfy too). Service was excellent as well. BOS-SFO was Virgin and although I liked the mood lighting and calming music (reminded me of Virgin Atlantic) their cabins definitely need a refresh.

If I go with Delta: 767-300 vs. 757-200. Which is better? Obviously the 767 is more spacious but the flights are either 8am or 9pm - both not ideal. Also I've heard some are older and need a refresh. The 757-200 has more times available and is newer but also a bit more clausterphobic since I'm used to widebody jets.

In terms of booking - how likely am I to get an upgrade on Delta if I book main cabin vs. comfort + if I want to get bumped up to Delta One? The Comfort + is only about 80 bucks more than regular main cabin. I also have Virgin Atlantic miles but supposedly those can't be transferred? Virgin's First Class doesn't really seem that great compared to Jetblue and Delta. For some reason Delta first class is cheaper than Jetblue's but I can't really afford either of them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:15 pm

You may get a better response regarding the different a/c type recommendations in the DL forum.

Regarding upgrades, that mostly depends on your status, even in cases where Y is overbooked. Do you have any DL status?
Old Jul 18, 2016, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

No status - I have a few thousand miles on Delta and 17,000 on virgin. I don't mind if the upgrade is one way. I guess my main questions are whether the Comfort + is worth it and whether to take the 767-300 at 8am or the 11:15 or 2:00pm 757-200... I like the 767 just because it's more spacious but from the photo's I've seen it's a bit dated unless they've refreshed the planes this year?
Old Jul 22, 2016, 9:39 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond
There is no possible way you will be upgraded to Delta One. I am a Diamond on Delta and I am not even eligible for an upgrade on JFK to LAX or SFO routes, to get upgraded you need to use a Regional or Global Upgrade certificate if you have any (they are options for your platinum and diamond annual gift).
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Yes, why do you think there is even a possibility you'll get upgraded to Delta One? I'm very confused.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:58 pm

Comfort plus isn't anything different. Same seat, fyi.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.