Transit Flight from LAX->ARN

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2016, 11:27 pm
Original Poster

Transit Flight from LAX->ARN

Hello

I have booked a round trip ticket from Los Angeles to Arlanda from
June 8, 2016 to October 10, 2016.

I do not plan to leave the Arlanda airport, but upon my arrival, I will be boarding a plane from Arlanda to Santorini on a separate flight ticket.

I understand that my flight itinerary exceeds the 90 days that U.S citizena are allowed to travel without applying for a long term visa; but I do not have the intention of staying in the Schengen Zone for more than 90 days.
I have plans, but have not booked, tickets to Dublin or London.

My question is, will my roundtrip ticket prevent me from entering Europe?
Also, will I need to go through immigration in Arlanda if my connecting flight to Greece is in the same terminal? So would I be given a stamp in my passport in Greece or in Sweden?

All the help would be appreciated, I made the mistake of not checking the visa regulations first
Old May 26, 2016, 2:10 am

Originally Posted by NewbieCee
My question is, will my roundtrip ticket prevent me from entering Europe?
No, they do not care/check your in- and outbound flights. You have to make sure to stay within the allowed time-frame ruled by your visa-free entry into Schengen. If at some point in your travel you exit and re-enter Schengen, like going to Dublin or UK, they will see how many days you have stayed and how many you are still allowed to stay. If you exceeded your limit, they will deny entry.

Also, will I need to go through immigration in Arlanda if my connecting flight to Greece is in the same terminal?
Yes, you will directly after exiting the plane walk to the Schengen immigration passport control.

So would I be given a stamp in my passport in Greece or in Sweden?
In Sweden. If you have checked baggage and the airlines do not interline you will need to exit the T5 airside zone, pick up your bags, re-check them and clear security again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.