Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-Europe Business Class deals

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Hi All,

I'll be celebrating my honeymoon in Europe this September and plan to fly at least the leg there in business as a personal perk for the two of us.

Simple question(s): how can I find great deals on here (or anywhere) that will no doubt pop up over the next few months? We are flexible in destination, but will 100% be leaving from LAX. Would love any tips and help.

Thank you, and I apologize ahead of time if this has been discussed on another thread... I'm a newbie.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond-Marriott Platinum-life

Check out skyscanner

Last edited by mike2200; Mar 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm
Old Feb 14, 2016, 7:39 pm

This post does not offer a deal and does not belong here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...rums-work.html
A moderator has been notified.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold

I'd look at air New Zealand flight from LAX to London or look at the British Airways page for pricing by months/class as it shows when pricing generally changes. September is still busy so I'd say find a fare now that you can live with and go with it.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Follow this forum and you should find something. It seems that LAX - Europe J deals around $2k have been running every few months recently.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:20 pm

Programs: UA *G MM, AA G MM

write less, read - and learn - more....
Old Feb 14, 2016, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Thank you so much everyone. I really appreciate the help.

Last edited by mykgraham; Feb 14, 2016 at 8:50 pm
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:39 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Please review the sticky for this forum. As others have pointed out, this forum is for Mileage Run Deals, not a forum to request fares. I'll be moving this thread over to the Information Desk. Please follow it there.

Pat89339, Moderator Mileage Run Forum
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FT is not a travel agent nor has a secret source of cheap fares

Look at expedia, google flights, skyscanner and similar on line travel agents
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:58 am
Original Poster

So FT is not suppose to help the consumer find answers related to flight and travel? Come on guy, let's just help out or refrain from responding.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: UA 1K
Not on the Mileage Run forum.

Originally Posted by mykgraham
So FT is not suppose to help the consumer find answers related to flight and travel? Come on guy, let's just help out or refrain from responding.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 9:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by mykgraham
Why isn't the suggestion that you "Look at expedia, google flights, skyscanner and similar on line travel agents" helping out? What other advice were you expecting?
Old Feb 15, 2016, 2:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT, mykgraham! Do stick around, we're mostly a friendly bunch.

To make the point again, we do not have the secret handshake to special flight deals. All we can do is look at the usual websites like Kayak and Google Flights, or wait for sales. If you want to play the special deals game, then there are several threads dedicated to sale fares that come up and are discussed here. But to be clear, we're not here to book your cheap flights for you.
Old Feb 15, 2016, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Welcome to FT and congratulations!

I think the best resource for what you're looking for is right here at FT, at the Premium Fares Deal forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/

Though not LA-specific, you might find some good deals there sooner or later. Or, if you want to be more creative, look for deals originating elsewhere on the West Coast (and hop a relatively cheap flight to get there). I believe that right now there's a thread with good Canada-originating fares to Europe, including from Vancouver, which would be a wonderful city to pass through on your way. In the past, there sometimes have been good deals originating in San Jose. I know you want to leave from LA, but you might consider other relatively close origin points if you can't find good deals from LA itself.

You can subscribe to that thread to get daily updates on new deals that people post about.

Here's another FT thread that could prove useful: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premi...vacations.html

Happy trails!
Old Feb 15, 2016, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Thank you thunderroad for being such a good person and helping lead the way. I'll take it from here and really appreciate the guidance.

Thank you LondonElite. I most definitely do not expect a FT travel agent and only hoped for a glimmer of light to gleam from... Thank you so much for the warm reception and I'll certaintly stick around and hope over time to offer sage advice in equal parts.

Last edited by beckoa; Feb 16, 2016 at 1:51 am Reason: merged consecutive posts

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.