Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class (on Long Haul Planes) Within Europe

Search this Thread

Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:13 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by BreezeMC
BA CE Frankfurt to Heathrow operate an older Yin-Yang on BA0903 on the 10:55am.
Sometimes...
Old Jan 26, 2016, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LondonElite
Sometimes...
Shame there's no way to be sure when you're getting one

I wouldn't waste my avios on a normal Club Europe seat.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by goldencondor
Bookable in economy and business, but not First - not online anyway. I think they do have First on the planes, but I don't know how you book it, or even if you aren't permitted to book it for a short haul leg.
I was able to bring up first on some sample dates in Apr, ~Ł1,000 ex MAN and ~EUR2,100 ex MUC.

ZRH to VIE looks interesting but I am unable to find any availability online.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:41 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
To add to your list... not sure if any of these have rights though, someone else will have to check that

BRU-CDG on ET
GVA-FRA on KU
CDG-FCO on KU
SVO-TXL on OM (Miat Airlines, for those who immediately opened a browser to google )
CPH-OSL on PK
MXP-CDG on PK
ARN-FCO on ET

I'm also given to understand that several BA routes to Russia have the club world (business) seat, although from the amount of complaints I'm of the impression that it gets swapped out fairly frequently.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
I was able to bring up first on some sample dates in Apr, ~Ł1,000 ex MAN and ~EUR2,100 ex MUC.
You are right. I just had a look myself and this option wasn't available online a few weeks ago. Both for cash, and miles.

The First options are broken down into First Saver, First Standard and First Full. First Saver isn't available no matter how far ahead I search (though it does show up in the mileage calculator at 32,500 miles). First Standard is bookable every day for 59.5k miles plus 63 quid. Maybe First Saver is bookable if you phone up?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by mattking2000
To add to your list... not sure if any of these have rights though, someone else will have to check that

BRU-CDG on ET
GVA-FRA on KU
CDG-FCO on KU
SVO-TXL on OM (Miat Airlines, for those who immediately opened a browser to google )
CPH-OSL on PK
MXP-CDG on PK
ARN-FCO on ET

I'm also given to understand that several BA routes to Russia have the club world (business) seat, although from the amount of complaints I'm of the impression that it gets swapped out fairly frequently.
Thanks, I will have a look at those. i won't add the Russian one though, if it gets swapped out regularly.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:09 am
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Here's some reading on a recent thread of the subject:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...w-flights.html

The regular a321's get swapped out for 777/747 most often, which still have long-haul experiences, but on occasion they are swapped out for a320 which is usually accompanied by an apologetic text and sometimes some sort of compensation.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:20 am
Suspended

Shame there's no way to be sure when you're getting one

I wouldn't waste my avios on a normal Club Europe seat.
For a 75 minute flight to FRA, it really doesn't make a great deal of difference. I've taken the long haul 767s that get swapped for the sh 767s a lot, and for such a short flight there really is no big difference. At 11am you're not going to sleep (nor will you on the early afternoon return). The IFE is not switched on, and the F&B is the same as you'd get in a regular CE cabin. Yes, it's a nicer seat, but that's about it.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 8:21 am
Suspended

Thanks, I will have a look at those. i won't add the Russian one though, if it gets swapped out regularly.
You'd also need a Russian visa
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:31 am
Suspended

Here are other lists:

http://www.flypointyend.com/5th-freedom-flights/
http://theforwardcabin.com/2015/01/0...-airlines-fly/

Last edited by Dieuwer; Jan 26, 2016 at 10:37 am
Old Jan 26, 2016, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Thank you. I've looked at the Munich Catania route before and it isn't bookable in business. Some of the European Qatar routes are gone or not bookable. Only Baku to Tbilisi is available.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Back in the good old days, but no longer...the new BA CE seats have ca 30" pitch (row 1 a bit more). In fact the whole plane is that tight.
So what's the point of BA CE now in that case? Surely regular Y can't be that much tighter. I don't understand the purpose of CE if it's going to be exactly the same seats as Traveler.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
In addition to BA, I suspect that a number of European carriers use longhaul aircraft at least sometimes on their longest routes such as SVO. I've had KLM flights between AMS and SVO on their 767 (but alas other flights on this route used narrow body aircraft).
TLV and IST are other examples of similar flights.

Ages ago LX or its predecessor used to use a wide body aircraft to/from TLV.

Once I took a TWA wide body from MUC to CDG.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Turkish

Turkish regularly flies narrow-bodies equipped with dedicated business-class 2x2 seating between Turkey and Europe.

Not quite the lie-flat seats you can get on some 5th freedom long-haul aircraft, more akin what you might be used to in US carrier's domestic first-class cabins. But you also get a chef .
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sdsearch
So what's the point of BA CE now in that case? Surely regular Y can't be that much tighter. I don't understand the purpose of CE if it's going to be exactly the same seats as Traveler.
Many people wonder that! It's a bit of catering and the knowledge that cabin density will be no higher than 67% of seats. If it's legroom you're after, the exit rows trump.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 3:09 am

Programs: AA Gold. UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt (Lifetime Diamond downgraded to Explorist)
Add in luggage allowance, lounge access (variable) & express check-in, security (variable) & boarding.

Many people wonder that! It's a bit of catering and the knowledge that cabin density will be no higher than 67% of seats. If it's legroom you're after, the exit rows trump.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.