Reload this Page >

correct name on ticket

correct name on ticket

Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, SAS Eurobonus, Lanchile
correct name on ticket

Hi,

I'm a first time poster and sorry if I post in the wrong place.

I am having some issues with my name on an airline ticket. I believe it is not specific to any airline. Here goes: I have 3 first names in my passport (and 1 last name). The name I use is the 2nd name. Ex. assume my name in the passport is "George John Peter, Smith" while the name for everyday use is "John Smith". What name should be used on the ticket? FYI, I have always travelled with the name "John Smith" but now it seems the advice is to use "George Smith". Could I run into problems with a ticket in the name of "John Smith"?
Thanks for advice.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:28 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
It doesn't matter and you will not have any problems. This is very common; consider that in many countries people have multiple first- or surnames, and in other have just one name. Don't lose any sleep over this. Welcome to FT.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Ok, great. I will stop worrying now :-). Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Here's a short update with my experience, as of today, having my second name on the ticket and all my three names on passport as well as Air France freq flier account. In this case it is not possible to connect my booking with my freq flier account.

The advice from the Flying blue staff is "It is of importance to not have encounter problems at airports, which means that your name needs to match your passport. Please make sure that your tickets are booked via the name that matches your Flying Blue account and official passport. "

In other words what they say is that I should have all 3 names on the ticket and of course they charge to make any changes to the ticket.

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I can't speak for AF, but I've had so many variations of my name on tickets that have all, in the end, earned FF points, not to mention let me fly. You may have to work a bit harder (hang up, call again) but in the end I'm sure you'll get what you are due.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Massachusetts, USA; AA Plat, DL GM and Flying Colonel; Bonvoy Platinum
I have taken off from the U.S., Singapore, Japan and India (the last at least three times) with my first and last names reversed, middle initial tacked onto one of them ... only problem is telling check-in agents to look for my given name as the family name. It's all close enough to satisfy the security, customs, immigration, etc., people.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.