Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EgyptAir upgrade cost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 5:57 am
Original Poster

EgyptAir upgrade cost

We have flights booked economy class from Heathrow to Johannesburg. How much is it likely to cost to upgrade to business class or first class?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT, Rob French.

No one, other than Egypt Air, can answer your question. Have you tried calling them?

All airlines treat this upgrading process differently. Some don't allow any upgrading (using cash or miles) from economy to business (i.e. you don't get credit for your economy ticket, but of course you can buy a business class ticket), while others allow it only from certain higher-fare economy ticket. Some make random availability, while others allow you to pay for an upgrade as a matter of course. I think that the closest answer I can give you is that, if it is possible, the cost will be about the same as the difference in price between economy and business in the first place.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Rob French.

As this is specific to EgyptAir [MS] we're relocating this to another forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.