Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

Hotel del Coronado Canceled My Reservation Without Notifying Me. What to Do? [Advice]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel del Coronado Canceled My Reservation Without Notifying Me. What to Do? [Advice]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2015, 2:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by 466SHH
I'd PM John Dorman, the company rep who responded to you. May just be an honest mistake.
I'd email him. You could also try calling him, but it would be good to have a written record of the exchange.

Don't assume that he will check back for PMs on FT. He apparently just joined on August 20th in order to make his one post in this thread.

Also, I think it would be a mistake to fail to show up and attempt to check in. Just have a copy of the original reservation showing the rate and the email reconfirming it.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 3:11 pm

Better advice. I forgot that this board does not automatically notify you of a private message. Email him is best. Makes a nice record.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:27 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I've called the hotel and was told they only see the new adjusted rate. I've also emailed John and have not heard back yet. He might not work weekends. Will update when I get a response.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

call and talk to management level at hotel
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Big4Flyer,

I don't understand why you posted here in the first place before contacting the hotel. You were told to do that and after you finally did that, you found your reservation had not been cancelled.

Now you are doing the same thing again, posting on this board before you talk with the appropriate people at the hotel.

It is a waste of your time, it is a waste of our time, and it is unfair to the hotel.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JerryFF
Big4Flyer,

I don't understand why you posted here in the first place before contacting the hotel. You were told to do that and after you finally did that, you found your reservation had not been cancelled.

Now you are doing the same thing again, posting on this board before you talk with the appropriate people at the hotel.

It is a waste of your time, it is a waste of our time, and it is unfair to the hotel.
My apologies for wasting your time, I did not post here before contacting the hotel, although i should have mentioned that in my follow up message. I contacted the hotel immediately after receiving the revised reservation email both by phone, when I was told they could only see the new rate, and by email, which I have not yet received a response to.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As this is about a specific hotel deal, we're relocating this thread that keeps bumping.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:21 pm
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
For the record, this is incorrect.

I get an email message each time I get a private message on Flyertalk.

Originally Posted by 466SHH
Better advice. I forgot that this board does not automatically notify you of a private message. Email him is best. Makes a nice record.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
That's because you set it up that way. I did, and just changed it to not get emails.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by wharvey
For the record, this is incorrect.

I get an email message each time I get a private message on Flyertalk.
This depends on your settings. I'm not sure what the default is, but I don't want so many emails.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:26 am

What was the outcome? I'm sure the rate was honored after all.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 5:22 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Mrdeals805
What was the outcome? I'm sure the rate was honored after all.
Safe to assume it was. Otherwise the OP would have been back. The only purpose appears to have been ranting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.