Wiki Posts
Search

NEED ADVICE: Getting Silver/Gold elite with DL to obtain AA challenge next year

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, American,Hilton,Marriott,Hyatt

Please give you comments/suggestions on my theory. Live near Gulfport/New Orleans so best airline servicing this area is Delta (I prefer AA). Have quite a few flights coming in second half of this year (mostly domestic) and believe I can achieve at least Silver and maybe even Gold with DL. After achieving this status for 2016 would like to match challenge AA for 2017 and maybe even get Plat status with AA. Should I continue to achieve silver/gold with DL or just go ahead and put all my effort into AA?

Last edited by BiggDaddy; Aug 1, 2015 at 8:44 pm
Old Aug 1, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist

What's the question?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 3:34 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
FT IT infrastructure at its finest!
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:46 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Welcome to FlyerTalk.

You do not need status on another airline to challenge for status on American Airlines. But be sure to read the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-platinum.html thread in the American Airlines | AAdvantage forum for the details.

And you should evaluate how easy or difficult it is to connect to AA or DL from Gulfport / Biloxi, NOLA or Mobile, etc. and how easy it is to achieve and maintain your goals in either, such as awards, status, upgrades, etc.

Last edited by JDiver; Aug 2, 2015 at 10:52 am
Old Aug 2, 2015, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jost go ahead with AA. AA doesn't generally status match, so it won't help your progress to AA status to get that status first with DL. AA does only challenges, not status matches, for most people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.