Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help with NYC-REP-BKK-HKT-NYC in Feb'16

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:20 pm
Original Poster

Help with NYC-REP-BKK-HKT-NYC in Feb'16

Looking to travel over Prez Week 2016 (Feb 11-21 +/- 1 day).
Considering REP, BKK, and HKT.
Need 4 awards in J.

Don't have enough miles in every airline, but enough in alliances.

AA - 150K with 100K coming within 30 days
BA - 130K
UA - 80K with 50K coming within 30 days
AF(FB) - 50K

AmEx MR - 280K
Chase UR - 230K
Citi TY - 220K

I can see availability on OZ to ICN in J.
I can't see 4 awards in J from ICN to REP, BKK, or HKT (seems there may be two).
Also, I don't have enough UA miles to book it, and would have to go through AC (with Amex) or SIN (with Citi), with taxes close to $500 pp. I could transfer Citi TY to Thai or EVA, but I am not sure how their partner awards are.

OW - no 4 awards to HKG, NRT, or DOH.

Nothng on DL or AF, and I'm not sure how to search other Sky partners, and whether it's worth it.

So, would appreciate assistance with this.

- what is the optimal routing for visiting REP, BKK, and HKT with the least travel time and maximum award availability?

- am I missing more seats in J on ICN-BKK or REP segments (in either direction)?

- if only 2 awards can be booked on UA, what is the optimal way to book the others while minimizing taxes?

- is Skyteam a possibility at all?

any other routing you might suggest?
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:32 pm

Programs: most of them
finding 4 at once might not be easy. Sometimes airlines will release a couple of seats and then once those are taken they might open more up later. My guess would be that getting to BKK rather REP might be easier.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
There are 4 seats on 2/11 JFK-SEA-HKG with the first leg on AS, second on DL, bookable with DL miles for 70K each. Avios to continue from there.

2/21 BKK-ICN-JFK is available for 80K UA per person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.