Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Seeking BA World Traveller+ (AA issued ticket)

Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:44 am
Original Poster

I currently have an AA flight codeshared with BA from IAD to LHR. I am trying to figure out how to get upgraded to World Traveller + without paying the full price.

When I call AA they quote me the full price ticket and when I go to manage my seat assignment online in hopes that I will have an option to upgrade, I don't get one. I only have the option to choose any seat I like in economy.

I am 15 days out from my flight and there are limited World Traveller + seats, so I was trying not to leave this to chance.

Appreciate any advice.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:31 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Welcome to FT, DrSuess.

It's an AA ticket, so you'll have to deal with AA. It may be that the fare class you initially bought doesn't allow any further upgrade other than paying the full fare difference (which is what I would expect). I don't know why you think you would get it for less...

Your only other option is to ask at the airport; often there are special upgrade fares for less than the fare difference, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. WT+ is a small cabin and is regularly full.

I've alerted a moderator to move this to the BA forum for you.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 5:23 am

Programs: AA (EXP); among others :)
AA only markets the full-fare "W" fare bucket on all BA flights - this has been bemourned on this board for ages now...you would need to buy a BA-issued ticket for access to discount WT+ fares.
When nothing is offered online through BA's MMB site ('manage my booking' - you do have the BA record locator and used this to assign seats etc. yes?), then, unfortunately, apart for hoping for airport cash upgrades to be available for about $250, you're out of luck. Ask for these at the airport ticket counter when checking in, and when nothing is available right then ask for the upgrade request to be noted in your record and try again with the gate staff. As WT+ passengers' upgrade requests to business clear, seats may become available.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by bhomburg
.you would need to buy a BA-issued ticket for access to discount WT+ fares.When nothing is offered online through BA's MMB site ('manage my booking' - you do have the BA record locator and used this to assign seats etc. yes?), then, unfortunately, apart for hoping for airport cash upgrades to be available for about $250, you're out of luck.
I thought BA does not allow you to assign seats without a payment, even through their own MMB site.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:24 am

can anyone help with a code share question
I know it shuld be a new thread but I cant find how to post it please
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:26 am

code share question

I understand about the concept of code share but is there any site which allows me to check who flies with who
I know BA and Iberia blah blah
I am wondering if there are any code shares to Stansted

for instance - Warsaw at 1720 today ( Lands) SSTN
I have a flight of DY2872
but this doesnbt show only
FR2282

from Warsaw

Would I be safe to think its one and the same plane

Its to meet a minor so its quite important and SSTN aren't helpful
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:27 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jackie Verrall
can anyone help with a code share question
I know it shuld be a new thread but I cant find how to post it please
What's the question?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by LondonElite
What's the question?

I understand about the concept of code share but is there any site which allows me to check who flies with who
I know BA and Iberia blah blah
I am wondering if there are any code shares to Stansted

for instance - Warsaw at 1720 today ( Lands) SSTN
I have a flight of DY2872
but this doesnbt show only
FR2282

from Warsaw

Would I be safe to think its one and the same plane

Its to meet a minor so its quite important and SSTN aren't helpful
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:30 am
Suspended

DY2872 is a flight from London Gatwick to Warsaw, scheduled to arrive at 23:25 CEST tonight.

FR2282 is a flight from WMI to Stansted this afternoon. Which flight are you interested in?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:35 am

DY2872 is a flight from London Gatwick to Warsaw, scheduled to arrive at 23:25 CEST tonight.

FR2282 is a flight from WMI to Stansted this afternoon. Which flight are you interested in?

Thanks - interested in an inbound flight from Warsaw. Originally she was landing at LGW - but then she told us it was STN
and we know its 1720 - which is a flight into STN from Warsaw but of course the flight code is wrong
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:36 am

I hate to ask you questions, but can you or do you know if there is any flight from Warsaw into LGW this afternoon about 1720 please
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:48 am
Suspended

The only service between Warsaw and London Gatwick is on Norwegian Air Shuttle, and there are no flights today at all.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:52 am

The only service between Warsaw and London Gatwick is on Norwegian Air Shuttle, and there are no flights today at all.
Absolutely brilliant. Thank you so much. She is obviously arriving 1720 at STN and has given us the exit LGW flights. Thanks again..^
Old Jul 5, 2015, 6:56 am
Suspended

Your guest is clearly arriving on Ryanair flight FR2282 from Warsaw Modlin to London Stansted.

http://www.stanstedairport.com/flight-information/
Old Jul 5, 2015, 7:55 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by DrSeuss
I currently have an AA flight codeshared with BA from IAD to LHR. I am trying to figure out how to get upgraded to World Traveller + without paying the full price.

When I call AA they quote me the full price ticket and when I go to manage my seat assignment online in hopes that I will have an option to upgrade, I don't get one. I only have the option to choose any seat I like in economy.

I am 15 days out from my flight and there are limited World Traveller + seats, so I was trying not to leave this to chance.

Appreciate any advice.
Codeshares often add many challenges (IROPS handling, upgrades so...), but here's the policy in this instance.

You can only upgrade Full-Fare Economy with published fares booked in Y or B (excluding Military or Government fares) fares to World Traveller Plus. That means you would most likely have to "upfare" by purchasing a more expensive fare class (B or Y) and would still not be guaranteed you could upgrade with the 12,500 required AA miles, still leaving it up to chance (and the fare would most likely be more costly than originally buying discounted WT+ on BA).

Mileage upgrades on British Airways and Iberia

This question is covered dealt with in the AA forum.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.