Wiki Posts
Search

Help me book: LAX to CDG 9/27/15-10/3/15

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Help me book: LAX to CDG 9/27/15-10/3/15

Looking to book a one week trip to France for 2 people:

Miles: 350k United, 400K American (200k USA merged with 200k AA), 115 K BA.

Anyway to get LAX to CDG in first class at saver level? Dates are fixed due to vacation time. CDG return can be in coach. LAX to CDG should be in First (or business if lay flat seats).

Last edited by webazoid; Apr 27, 2015 at 10:01 am
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It's relatively easy to figure this out yourself. Search aa.com and united.com for low-tier award seats. (Search one-way on each site.)

If your searches come up with nothing, call AA, and ask about availability on TN's LAX-CDG nonstop, but you need to check to see what type of seats TN is offering in Business these days. (IB offers LAX-MAD seasonal service, with connecting service to ORY, but I'm not sure if the IB LAX-MAD flight operates on your desired date of travel.)
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

It's relatively easy to figure this out yourself. Search aa.com and united.com for low-tier award seats. (Search one-way on each site.)

If your searches come up with nothing, call AA, and ask about availability on TN's LAX-CDG nonstop, but you need to check to see what type of seats TN is offering in Business these days. (IB offers LAX-MAD seasonal service, with connecting service to ORY, but I'm not sure if the IB LAX-MAD flight operates on your desired date of travel.)
I searched aa.com and united.com and while the saver level awards in economy are available, no saver level awards in business or first. will try calling american.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:08 am

Programs: AA/UA/UR/MRP/IHG Plat
you could also check other LAX-Europe gateway availability...AA and UA to LHR; UA and LH to FRA, etc. I know you want non-stop, but these may offer more availability and more airline/seat options with relatively quick connections. Good luck.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
aa.com doesn't show all available airline partner awards.

First thing I'd ask is if there's a seat available on TN (an AA partner) LAX-CDG nonstop; no First, but Poerava Business and the convenience give this combination a higher rating for nonstop travel, IMO.

Iberia LAX-MAD-CDG would be good - lie flat business, quite good overall.

AA operates a nice 777-300ER LAX-LHR with F and very decent J to connect with the relatively short flight to Paris.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Last edited by JDiver; Apr 28, 2015 at 9:42 pm
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
West Coast to Europe in lie flat seats? While availability from the East Coast is not bad at all given the sheer amount of flights from there to Europe, there are (relatively) few flights to begin with and the airlines are not idiots and know very well people want to sleep on the 9.5-12 hour flights. Perhaps I've not tried enough but I never saw availability on the few flights United has from LAX or SFO. I have even less AA experience but when I looked I haven't seen a lot of hope either.

But. There's one out. That's Air Canada. While we, poor serfs of the evil Aeroplan overlord need to pay heavy fuel surchanges to fly Air Canada, you, the free peoples of United MileagePlus do not need to pay that. And you can very often find a Europe flight in the comfy, modern planes of Air Canada from Vancouver or Calgary.

Go Canada!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by chx1975
But. There's one out. That's Air Canada. While we, poor serfs of the evil Aeroplan overlord need to pay heavy fuel surchanges to fly Air Canada, you, the free peoples of United MileagePlus do not need to pay that. And you can very often find a Europe flight in the comfy, modern planes of Air Canada from Vancouver or Calgary.

Go Canada!
???

I thought scamcharges applied for anyone booking on AC with miles.

Learn something new every day!
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
Check http://travelisfree.com/2014/04/15/m...surcharges-yq/ or http://blog.rewardscanada.ca/2014/01...gate-fuel.html
Old Apr 28, 2015, 11:16 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Thanks!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.