Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

RT depart from EWR, return to JFK?

Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone, just wanted to know if there are any travel sites or places where I can book my ticket round trip but with different departing and arriving airports although being in the same city(kind of)? Departing from EWR, returning to JFK, or something similar? TIA
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:59 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Just about any online travel agent. Just add in the options for "check nearby airports" and various flight combos should come up. Kayak is my usual first place to check.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Doc, I just checked kayak and it seems to give me different airports, but what not the specific set of flights I'm looking for. I saw the flight on makemytrip departing EWR, returning JFK on makemytrip.com, but due to the bad reviews and horror stories I didn't want to book with them but I'm having trouble finding the same set of flights elsewhere.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:06 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Is it domestic ? You can usually get the same price on two one-ways. Alternatively, try using the multi-city option on Google Flights.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:11 pm
Suspended

Try using http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

Use multicity option and enter EWR as departure city with your destination in flight one. Then enter that city as departure in flight two with JFK listed as destination.

Then you can match the flights on an OTA or by calling the airline.
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pewpew
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3442 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Is it domestic ? You can usually get the same price on two one-ways. Alternatively, try using the multi-city option on Google Flights.
Nope, international. I'll give google flights a try, never knew that existed, thanks!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:15 pm
Original Poster

Looks like google flights did the trick, thanks doc & pewpew! ^
Old Apr 16, 2015, 9:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Why don't you try entering NYC as the originating airport for your return flight search. That will bring up all flight combinations typically including JFK, LGA, and EWR.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 12:06 am
Suspended

Cool

Originally Posted by blsnk
Looks like google flights did the trick, thanks doc & pewpew! ^
Have a nice trip!
Old Apr 17, 2015, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
I know OP has found flights but most airline and travel agency that allow online booking have a multi city option. You don't need to find a specialty site to book these.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 1:32 pm

Kayak (among others) will also bring up all area airports when you use "NYC" (as previously noted), and you can also check the box next to an individual flight to show only itineraries with that flight.

So if you want to go EWR-LAX-JFK, and you initially see

EWR-LAX
LAX-EWR

JFK-LAX
LAX-JFK

You can check the box next to EWR-LAX, which will show only options with that outbound. Then you should be able to scroll through results and see LAX-JFK.

In situations like this I like to find flights using matrix and then adjust the combination of flight times/carriers/etc. on the OTA to narrow in on the specific option I want.
Old Apr 17, 2015, 3:48 pm

Is this what they call co-terminal? I think another example might be BWI-DCA-IAD right?
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by farbster
Is this what they call co-terminal? I think another example might be BWI-DCA-IAD right?
I'm not sure the word 'co-terminal' for BWI/DCA/IAD makes any more sense than EWR/JFK/LGA, CDG/ORY or LHR/LGW/STN/LTN. Come to think of it, the word 'co-terminal' makes no sense. Either it's an adjacent terminal of the same airport, or it's a different airport. None of the above have easy connections between them.

Last edited by LondonElite; Apr 18, 2015 at 10:04 am Reason: missing words
Old Apr 18, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
True, LondonElite, the term "co-terminal" makes little/no sense, but it is the accepted term for different airports of the same city/ metropolitan area. Further, I wonder who came up with the silly term "open jaw" for a kind-of-round trip with a gap at one (or both) ends, which often looks like a giant V on a map!
Old Apr 18, 2015, 10:05 am
Suspended

That's another stupid one, unless you play with toy dinosaurs.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.