Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

Best seat option for two travelers in business class on AA 777-300ER

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2015, 10:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EP, SPG P100, few others

I'm traveling with a companion in business class on AA 777-300ER in the 1-2-1 configuration and am wondering if it is best for us to get the two seats in the middle (D & G) or one window and the seat across (G & J for example). Assuming we'd like to occasionally say hi to each other :-)

Thanks!
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
As this is AA specific that's where we'll get the best aanswers.

Please note this started in the Flame Free Information Desk.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The two middle seats are best for couples wanting to chat from time to time.

The aisle seats are staggered and have a piece that blocks the view of the aisle behind making it difficult for one person to see the other.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 4:28 am

Programs: DL Diamond, AA revenue negative, Bonvoy Titanium +, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by AlwaysSunnyInORD
The two middle seats are best for couples wanting to chat from time to time.

The aisle seats are staggered and have a piece that blocks the view of the aisle behind making it difficult for one person to see the other.
Remembering that this originally started on a "Flame Free" thread. This will probably be the best (IMHO), and most concise answer (IMHO)to your question.

Point of reference-MrsDallas49er and I sit in the center when traveling together, and both opt for window when traveling separately, in this configuration.

Now its up to you. Have a great flight.

Last edited by Dallas49er; Mar 27, 2015 at 4:39 am
Old Mar 27, 2015, 7:39 am

See this thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

A lot of info available there. Some prefer the middle seats, others prefer to take 2 seats on the same aisle, because it's easier to get up and go to your partner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.