Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Washington DC Flyers - Need to Choose a FF Program

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2015, 8:33 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by wheysek
How exactly do you get AA miles from flying AS?
Just submit your AAdvantage number when you book your reservation on AS. Though AS is not a member of oneworld, it has a special arrangement with AA which makes earning AA miles possible. For further information go to www.aa.com, find the section on earning miles in the AAdvantage program, click on airline partners and then click on Alaska Airlines.

Last edited by JPG3392; Mar 1, 2015 at 9:21 am Reason: Corrected typo.
Old Mar 1, 2015, 10:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AS has bilateral partnerships with AA, DL, and a list of foreign carriers IIRC including CX and AF/KLM.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 6:47 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by wheysek
I am reading up on this "AA Challenge" program and it sounds awesome. I did some math for my travel the next 2.5 months and it looks like I can qualify for the AA Platinum Elite status by flying 10,000 miles during that time.
Careful there. AA challenges are based on POINTS, not miles. They're very different things.
http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...s/american.jsp
Old Mar 2, 2015, 8:01 am
Used to be diaworld

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Dontcareist,
Another option: Fly AA/US and credit everything to BA Avios. If you do short haul rewards, easily the most profitable.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry: BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.1030 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Originally Posted by The Deal Mommy
Another option: Fly AA/US and credit everything to BA Avios. If you do short haul rewards, easily the most profitable.
That's true about the great value of BA Avios on short-haul domestic nonstops, but you won't earn elite status in BAEC/oneworld unless you fly at least four BA segments per year, and earn the requisite number of Tier Points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.