Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

24 Hour Temporary Permit to Beijing/China

Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Hi, I am Filipina residing in Austria. I will be flying next week to Manila with a 12 hour lay over in Beijing. My question is.. is it possible for Filipinos to apply for a 24 hours temporary permit at the airport so I could leave the airport and do some city tours?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by jg_austria
Hi, I am Filipina residing in Austria. I will be flying next week to Manila with a 12 hour lay over in Beijing. My question is.. is it possible for Filipinos to apply for a 24 hours temporary permit at the airport so I could leave the airport and do some city tours?
Yes and no. (You don't really "apply" and AFAIK it's an entrance stamp more than a temporary permit.) You mean 24 hour transit without visa (TWOV) and it does permit you to leave the airport.

Check details in the China destination forum, where you will find an extensive discussion and up-to-date information on the rules.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Welcome to FlyerTalk… since you've taken the previous member's advice to visit the China destination forum, and since you've re-posted your inquiry in that more appropriate forum, this thread is now closed. Interested members may follow the discussion in the China TWOV thread.

Thanks, and good luck!

~Moderator, Information Desk

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.