Original Poster

PR vs OZ for TPAC

OZ with 1.5 hour layover in ICN
A321 (3.5hr) and A330 (8.5hr)

or

PR with 2 hour layover in MNL
A321 (2hr) and A340 (10hr)

Both would be in economy.

PR is cheaper by $150 but I've heard good things about OZ. Any experience with both of these carriers? I assume I also get mileage to United from flying OZ so another plus?

Please shed some light anyone.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
I don't really know either one's economy products, but I would think that OZ would be more reliable and the transit in ICN would be easier.

Not certain whether you'll get UA miles if it's a deeply discounted OZ Y ticket.

All things considered, I'd go with OZ. But you could check seatguru.com to see if there is a big difference in the legroom in the respective aircrafts of the two airlines.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:09 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
OZ is a good airline and ICN is an excellent and efficient airport.

The A321s will obviously be 3-3 seating in coach, but check how many seats across OZ puts on their A330s. Compare that to the PR A340 seat maps. Look at whatever data you can find on seat width and pitch.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:53 am
Original Poster

Thank you for the replies!

I decided to book with OZ. Would rather have a stop in ICN than MNL and the A330 has 4 more inches wider than the A340 on PR. (Not sure if that will matter tremendously haha)

Booked it via United so hopefully I get something for the flight in terms of miles.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by reverted
Thank you for the replies!

I decided to book with OZ. Would rather have a stop in ICN than MNL and the A330 has 4 more inches wider than the A340 on PR. (Not sure if that will matter tremendously haha)

Booked it via United so hopefully I get something for the flight in terms of miles.
Coach seats are four inches wider? That's enormous!
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Coach seats are four inches wider? That's enormous!
Haha oh? Well that's what SeatGuru is quoting when comparing the two haha so I guess I'll take it and run with it
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:24 pm

Four inches wider is definitely premium economy. It might even mean coffin-like business class seats, such as on the DL domestic 767s in what is called domestic FC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.