Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

YYZ: 8.5 Hour Layover Question - Can I Travel on Earlier Flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Hope this is the right place to ask this...

In June 2015 I have an 8.5 hour layover in Toronto, and recently a flight just became available that would allow me just a 2 hour layover instead. However, I have already purchased my tickets. I was considering paying the 400/person change fee, but was wondering if it were possible to request an earlier flight once I'm actually at the airport - is that something airlines will typically do? If so, do I stand a chance in hell of actually getting placed onto an earlier flight? The flight in question is on Air Canada. Thanks for your help!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 5:29 am
B1

The question is about Air Canada policy and should be on that forum. Air Canada has specific policies about same day changes that depend on the fare class and destination.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:21 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this relates to flight changes on Air Canada, we'll move to the best forum to get answers from knowledgeable members.

And, welcome to FlyerTalk.

JDiver
Senior Moderator
Old Oct 31, 2014, 7:28 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.3247 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Yes, for the same day change fee, which is $75 or something and will place you in the cabin if there's space available.

I think. Does Tango allow for SDC?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 11:36 am
alc

hurricanejustin, Welcome to FlyerTalk

Here is the link about the fares for flights within Canada

http://www.aircanada.com/en/news/oneway/

Toward end of the page has links for other locations.

So, the answer is yes, you can pay to get a confirm seat if available. - which is call Same Day Confirm Change:

A same-day confirmed change is a flight change requested at check-in or at the airport prior to departure, on the day of departure.

- Same-day confirmed changes are subject to availability.
- Change fees are per direction, plus taxes.
- No additional charges for fare difference apply for changes made on the day of travel when flights are operated by Air Canada.
- Same-day confirmed changes can be completed upon at time of check-in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.