Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CX / KM interline agreements

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2014, 11:15 am
Original Poster

Question CX / KM interline agreements

I am due to travel economy from MLA to FCO on Air Malta (KM) and then business from FCO to HKG on Cathay Pacific (CX); there is 2hr 40min between arriving at FCO and departing for HKG. It is not possible on either airline's website to get this journey on a single ticket, so I have two bookings / tickets. I have two questions. 1. Can I check my baggage through from MLA to HKG; 2. Will the MLA-FCO leg qualify under the MSC rules such that the CX baggage allowance also applies to the MLA-FCO leg.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:54 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by muklaisin
I am due to travel economy from MLA to FCO on Air Malta (KM) and then business from FCO to HKG on Cathay Pacific (CX); there is 2hr 40min between arriving at FCO and departing for HKG. It is not possible on either airline's website to get this journey on a single ticket, so I have two bookings / tickets. I have two questions. 1. Can I check my baggage through from MLA to HKG; 2. Will the MLA-FCO leg qualify under the MSC rules such that the CX baggage allowance also applies to the MLA-FCO leg.
1. KM does have an interline agreement with CX however this means that they can check through not that they will. You will need to check with KM what their policy is regarding baggage interlining on separate tickets.

2. No you are on separate tickets so this does not apply.

If you use a travel agent you should be able to purchase this on a single ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.