Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways Premium Plus Card

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2014, 10:30 am
Original Poster

British Airways Premium Plus Card

Feel free to move this question if it's in the wrong place.

I'm thinking about applying for the British Airways Premium Plus Card (I don't think I'll make it in time to get the 25,000 point deal as that expires Tuesday) and just have a few questions about it.

I'll be using the card under a UK address but my BAEC account is not under a UK address. I would have no problem changing my address in BAEC, but I'm part of a household account. So my questions are:

-If I get the card and the two addresses are different, will I face problems getting the Avios credited?

-If I change my BAEC address to match the credit card, will I have problems remaining part of the household account (we all currently have the same address on BAEC)?

-Should I even apply for the card now or wait for them to restart the promotional offer?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 28, 2014, 5:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
To have the BA Amex card linked to your BAEC account you need to have a UK address. I'm not 100% certain whether it needs to be the same address, but I believe so. The Household Account holders all need to have the same, identical address.
Old Sep 29, 2014, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Yeah, after I posted this question I realised that there was a dedicated AMEX thread in the BA section of the forum (and that there was a BA section of the forum).

From what I understand if the BAEC account doesn't have a UK address the Avios accrued won't be lost, they'll just build up and wait for a BAEC UK address to be transferred to. So, would it work if the head of the household just changes the household address to a UK one at regular intervals to claim the Avios? Or does BA frown upon that.

I suppose the other option is just switching the household account to the UK address permanently, the current household address isn't really very useful in terms of gaining extra Avios.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 4:03 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by sc82491
From what I understand if the BAEC account doesn't have a UK address the Avios accrued won't be lost, they'll just build up and wait for a BAEC UK address to be transferred to. So, would it work if the head of the household just changes the household address to a UK one at regular intervals to claim the Avios? Or does BA frown upon that.
All HHA members must be at the same address, so you can't just change one person's address without removing them from the HHA. You can only change your address with BAEC every 6 months, and you can only add/remove HHA members every 6 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.