Wiki Posts
Search

lax-YVR luggage question

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:17 am
Original Poster

lax-YVR luggage question

Hi all,

I am not too familiar with North American Airlines . I come off a WT+ on BA at Lax and have to book a economy to visit my family in Vancouver. Obviously I will have 2 bags. Can someone advise if it is safe to assume that by booking a ticket I am entitled to 1 piece checked luggage ( spirit air aside)? As I am a Airpoints Gold and hoping to book United or AirCanada to get the 2nd Bag on.

Thank you
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
As this query isn't a mileage run it's been moved here to the Information Desk for further input from Mileage Run Deals forum.

tcook052
Mileage Run Forum Moderator
Old Sep 2, 2014, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Presuming that the marketing carrier for your UA flight is also UA, as an AirPoints Gold member, you will be treated as *G by UA and will receive one free bag. Your second bag will cost US$35.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jord
Hi all,

I am not too familiar with North American Airlines . I come off a WT+ on BA at Lax and have to book a economy to visit my family in Vancouver. Obviously I will have 2 bags. Can someone advise if it is safe to assume that by booking a ticket I am entitled to 1 piece checked luggage ( spirit air aside)? As I am a Airpoints Gold and hoping to book United or AirCanada to get the 2nd Bag on.

Thank you
If I'm understanding this correctly, you are arriving to LAX on a BA flight. You are then traveling on to YVR, with a separate ticket, on a yet-to-be-determined airline.

Is that correct?

If that is the case, then your free baggage allowance on LAX-YVR will be determined by whichever airline you end up booking. The rules vary from zero to ??? depending on your program status, class of service, whether you have a branded credit card, etc. Additional bags are accepted for a fee.

In this scenario, your BA flight and free bag allowance would be irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.