Wiki Posts
Search

Flight & Hotel for Hawaii- April 17-21 2015

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Cool Flight & Hotel for Hawaii- April 17-21 2015

Hello Flyertalk!

I was wondering if someone can give me the best way to utilize my Chase Ultimate Rewards points or Southwest Points for the following trip:

Flight: One way from OGG to LAX on April 21
Car Rental: April 17-21
Hotel: April 17-21

* I have already got a one way to OGG, Maui (I am going to Spain/Portugal in November 2014 and got a free one way to OGG

* I researched transferring Ultimate Rewards--> British Avios and using it on American Airlines or Alaska Airlines for 12,500 points one way.. but you can only do non-stop & Economy Mile Saver AA or Alaska and on April 21, there is neither...There is one on April 22, wednesday Flight 254.. but I would like to leave on the 21st...

I was wondering if you guys can help me to find the best way to use as little points possible for my flight, car rental and hotel. Hotel- I am open to any suggestions.. maybe a mix between low point hotels & nice hotels.

Thank You!!
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
UA1195 flies out on April 21st...22,500 United miles for economy. Leaves at 1:10 p.m.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, Delta, SPG Gold, Marriott Sil., Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, PC Platinum Ambassador
Also, If you don't already have the hyatt card. Pick it up and you receive two free nights the first year. Easily used at Hyatt Resort instead of 20K points per night.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: AS MVP
You could do an AA/AS/US itinerary with a stop using Avios if something opens up. A stop in PHX, SAN, or the Bay area would add 4,500 Avios. But the UA flight noted by SJS58 is a better option at this point, just book it with 17,500 Singapore miles rather than 22,500 UA miles.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SJS58
UA1195 flies out on April 21st...22,500 United miles for economy. Leaves at 1:10 p.m.
Thank You for the flight information. Are you familiar with the hotels in the Hawaii area? or ones that can be used by the Ultimate Reward points?

Originally Posted by KennyBSAT
You could do an AA/AS/US itinerary with a stop using Avios if something opens up. A stop in PHX, SAN, or the Bay area would add 4,500 Avios. But the UA flight noted by SJS58 is a better option at this point, just book it with 17,500 Singapore miles rather than 22,500 UA miles.
The 17,500 singapore airline miles is a really good tip. Thank You!
Do you know about the hotels in Hawaii that can be used by the Ultimate rewards points?

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Aug 20, 2014 at 10:07 pm Reason: Merged unnecessary consecutive posts
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by celee818
Are you familiar with the hotels in the Hawaii area? or ones that can be used by the Ultimate Reward points?
Do you know about the hotels in Hawaii that can be used by the Ultimate rewards points?
Take a look at the following sticky post in the dedicated Chase | Ultimate Rewards forum:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase...mes-rules.html

Then, visit the appropriate hotel forum(s) to get information on the various properties. Also, please check out the Hawaii destination forum to see other discussions about hotels and trip planning:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hawaii-435/

Good luck!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.