Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Is there a section that summarizes key points to a lot of these dialogues?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2014, 10:17 am
Original Poster

Great website and people behind all of this. Good to see people so helpful and brilliant using their knowledge and skills to help others. We all have our strengths and weaknesses.... Ok refocusing... Are there sections on this website that have saved key points/summaries/pearls of any of these forums. As entertaining as it is, finding key info, using the right tools and making sure you do it right is very time consuming, and I don't take it for granted and realize many situations dialogue intertwined is better but don't you all get tired of all the typing and texting. Key point section would be nice for those of us who've never enjoyed luxury travel and would like to try especially when your tall and your knees are hitting the seat in front on the plane even before the seat is inclined!!?@$@. My interests are in miles and points for hotels and flights (yes I saw the pull down). Credit scores and managing the timelines and spends and scores. Best flying systems like ac and aero plan, vr (availability, other options, phasing out?) with Bb and how to use it best way - pls give examples. Best cellphone communication internationally for different regions vonage SIM card etc. I'm also reading about how many do these mattress runs, car rental runs, or mileage runs, are those worth it or must do situations? What's the scenario? I would like to include my family in my travels as I build up some travel equity, is it better to work every family member cc account or operate as one person and share redeemable miles/pts? Does your credit score ever go back to the baseline before all the cc applications and churning, if so how and how long does it take to return to where it was? It score gets better over time after initial drop, how long does that take? Is there any tools to maximize this aromatic ally, at least some of, like with some iPhone apps, websites and such or even actual travel service agents that improve your mileage benefits and strategy while booking for you?
Old Mar 29, 2014, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Some (primarily long and important, but it's still hit or miss) threads have wiki summaries on top.

Most major airline and hotel fora here have sticky threads with information about basic rules of the program and links to important threads about the basic rules.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Mar 30, 2014 at 10:30 pm
Old Mar 30, 2014, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Welcome to FT!

As MSP noted, there may be stickies in a given forum. There's far too much information here to consolidate into a single, or even a few, authoritative write-ups on the best way to do things, and programs are changing all the time. Also, perhaps the factor that most prevents something like this is that programs can be leveraged in so many different ways depending on what your desires are. Some people aspire to First Class travel on premium international carriers. Others don't give two hoots about award travel but seek elite status for domestic upgrades. One car rental company might work great for someone who does short, expensive rentals while another rental company might be better for someone who does longer rentals.

There's no "right" way to go about things... only suggestions on what might work for a given situation. Setting your travel priorities is the first step, and then diving deeper into those forums once you've got a direction in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.