Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

whilch miles account for luftansa flight Delhi to Stuttgart

Old Dec 19, 2013, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: HILTON HONORS

I have a trip coming up shortly from delhi to stuttgart and planning to book on luftansa. So prior to this I plan on registering for miles account. Basically for luftansa do we have to register in miles&more website or do we have any other partner option which is more valuable?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Much depends on your location and your plans for future travel. You could establish an account with UA and apply the miles from your flight there. Be sure to check on the UA website, however, to make sure that your LH ticket is in a category which earns mileage credit on UA.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 1:14 pm

If your trip is round trip, depending on the class of ticket you would get, and if you don't already have Gold status within Star Alliance, I'd say go with Aegean. One round trip ticket would bring you very close to Gold status. Upon registration, Aegean gives you 1,000 miles, then if you get 100% mileage from your trip you'd be already over 17K and one needs only 20K to reach Gold.

See which class would give you how many miles: http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...les/#LUFTHANSA
Old Dec 19, 2013, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As Luftansa is a member of Star Alliance you can chose any airlines FFP
But some cheap fares may earn little or zero miles with some FFP's

Look here, but sadly many requests go unanswered:- http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...post-here.html

Each airline FFP has different rules for earning miles/km/points/avios.
Each airline FFP has different rules to stop miles/km/points/avios from expiring.
Each airline FFP has different rules for using (burning) those miles/km/points/avios for rewards and different copay $$ fees.
Each airline FFP has different rules for upgrades & different copay $$ fees.
Each airline FFP has different rules for lounge access (own & other airlines)

Edit: from a post on 2 Feb 2013
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
< snip>
To get your feet wet, start by reading the sticky threads in this and other forums. What you need to do is look at your flying (and credit card, if applicable) patterns and preferences, then pick a program that works best for you. While miles/points aren't interchangeable, you can usually use one airline's miles/points for redemptions on that airline's partners - either in the same alliance or in some cases unaligned partners - or for non-flying activities. Each airline has different "earning and burning" characteristics - how miles/points are earned and used, and you'll need to investigate these carefully, as the differences can be significant and expensive (or beneficial) to you depending on your choices.

One important thing to note is that miles/points earning and redemption are only a part of the whole FF business. A big factor in choosing your plan preferences is whether you'd fly enough with your chosen airline(s) in order to reach elite frequent flyer status. With elite status comes various perks - access to lounges, expedited passage through airports, seat selections, upgrades, baggage allowances, etc. - that can be as important if not more important to frequent travelers. So those factors also need to be understood as you make your choices.

It involves homework and research, but the rewards can be very significant, well worth the effort. (Or so many of us think. Of course we can be both delusional and exhibit OCD symptoms in this regard. Welcome to the madhouse.)

Last edited by Mwenenzi; Dec 19, 2013 at 8:42 pm
Old Dec 22, 2013, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HILTON HONORS
thanks for your replies.
I am based at Delhi, after going thru the threads I assume we don't have much option for India
anyway i made the booking with miles&more number.
Old Dec 23, 2013, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by netnag
thanks for your replies.
I am based at Delhi, after going thru the threads I assume we don't have much option for India
Then, let's hope for you Air India becomes part of Star Alliance soon!
Old Dec 24, 2013, 2:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by netnag
thanks for your replies.
You can change the FF number on an itinerary up until when you board the first flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.