Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2016, 5:42 pm

Hi everyone! I have been learning so much taking a look around
Old Oct 11, 2016, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by ArdenCove
Hi everyone! I have been learning so much taking a look around
Welcome to you, ArdenCove !
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:04 am

Hello! I just joined today. I have lived in the US and Europe my entire life off and on, and have recently started traveling quite a bit for business. I can pack an entire 3 week trip to Europe in a carry-on (plus a small backpack that has plane stuff and my purse in it), with minimal need for laundry, and I am a woman. I learned how to pack from my aunt years ago, and she was a lifesaver when it came to that.

Now that I'm traveling for work though, I find myself in need of information on frequent flier programs and rewards, as well as how to get the most bang for your buck. And I love gadgets, so any and all info on gadgets is useful for me. Am also looking for chic travel friendly clothing recommendations.

happy to be here! Would love info on a woman's forum if there is one since most of the threads I've read so far seem to be pretty heavily male-centric in terms of items and clothing.
Old Oct 12, 2016, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by knicknack55
Hello! I just joined today. I have lived in the US and Europe my entire life off and on, and have recently started traveling quite a bit for business. I can pack an entire 3 week trip to Europe in a carry-on (plus a small backpack that has plane stuff and my purse in it), with minimal need for laundry, and I am a woman. I learned how to pack from my aunt years ago, and she was a lifesaver when it came to that.

Now that I'm traveling for work though, I find myself in need of information on frequent flier programs and rewards, as well as how to get the most bang for your buck. And I love gadgets, so any and all info on gadgets is useful for me. Am also looking for chic travel friendly clothing recommendations.

happy to be here! Would love info on a woman's forum if there is one since most of the threads I've read so far seem to be pretty heavily male-centric in terms of items and clothing.
Welcome to FT, knicknack!

There is a special forum for women travelers where those kinds of questions are discussed:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/women-travelers-166/

Safe Travels,

Doc
Old Oct 12, 2016, 3:28 am

Hello,

Traveler from Norway here. Great forum with lots of good information!
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: nothing
Hi members!! Amery here and hope will have good time together.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 4:21 am

Programs: Finnair Plus Platinum, OW emerald
New status hunter here

Hi all,

new status hunter for one world program joining the crew :-) At the moment mostly interested in maximizing tier points for one world to get platinum status in for Finnair. Looking forward to some good discussion.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 11:57 am
OTD

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold, Skymiles, Mileage Plus
Hello!
I joined last month, but have lurked on and off for five years or more. I started flying more again, so it seemed like joining would be the thing to do.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 4:57 am

Miles an Hotel point tricks, shortcuts to earn, whitch can be used byHungarianCitizen

Hello from Hungary,

I am in the beginning of a journey to have a better chance to travel on reasonable price.
I have already two topic where I would very welcome any idea or suggestion.

Pay less for a hotel with any good trick than the famous booking site offers shows.
Krakow Poland 5 days end of November 2016.

India Mumbai 7 days in March 2017 to create a feasible plan to visit Mumbai, Taj Mahal (Not the hotel (however even the hotel would be great extra low price )) and visit Goa. If it fits into one week. I am interested in logistic information and again very cheap and good quality hotels to find.

As I am from Hungary, I assume I have no chance to go for USA Credit card with extra nights/miles/etc. However I would understand more this game as well. Any trick idea are very welcomed even here, how to earn miles and other points in the most cleaver way.

Thanks
Tom
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:18 pm

Again...

Hi everyone, I posted in the "Who we all are” thread before finding this one. Oops. Anyway, this is a great forum, I really wish I’d joined sooner.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by verdinas
Hi everyone, I posted in the "Who we all are” thread before finding this one. Oops. Anyway, this is a great forum, I really wish I’d joined sooner.
Hello and welcome to all of our new FTrs. Over the last seven months, I've had the joy of getting to know many of the members here on FT, especially on the Delta forum. Since I missed welcoming a swath of you this week, welcome Verdinas!

After reading your post in the 'Who we all are' forum, I can totally understand where your coming from with Flyertalk being "intimidating" at points. Speaking candidly, we're a huge community, with each forum here having it's own diverse sub-communities so it can get a little daunting at points. But we try to have fun while we're at it.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other members here -including mods (they're always here to help ). We use a TON of acronyms here, which can get a tad confusing (or at least it was for me anyway, so if something we say ever catches you off guard, stop here first.)

I'm glad your here ...and again, welcome to FT.

P.S. We're currently running our annual Secret Santa exchange, which you can check out here -I've heard it's a ton of fun.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by TheLifeOfA_NKCM
Hello and welcome to all of our new FTrs. Over the last seven months, I've had the joy of getting to know many of the members here on FT, especially on the Delta forum. Since I missed welcoming a swath of you this week, welcome Verdinas!

After reading your post in the 'Who we all are' forum, I can totally understand where your coming from with Flyertalk being "intimidating" at points. Speaking candidly, we're a huge community, with each forum here having it's own diverse sub-communities so it can get a little daunting at points. But we try to have fun while we're at it.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me or any of the other members here -including mods (they're always here to help ). We use a TON of acronyms here, which can get a tad confusing (or at least it was for me anyway, so if something we say ever catches you off guard, stop here first.)

I'm glad your here ...and again, welcome to FT.

P.S. We're currently running our annual Secret Santa exchange, which you can check out here -I've heard it's a ton of fun.
Thank you! There's a lot to take in here and I appreciate the warm welcome.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL PM & NRSA, AA Gold, ANA Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, National EC Exec, GE, CLEAR
Originally Posted by verdinas
Thank you! There's a lot to take in here and I appreciate the warm welcome.
My pleasure. Have an awesome Monday!
Old Oct 27, 2016, 12:46 am

Programs: Delta
Hello everyone! My name is Justin & I'm from Massachusetts. I have been lurking on this site for quite some time. I've finally joined because I am getting serious about traveling & I am close to earning status w/ Delta this year.

I love to travel (I'm looking forward to taking some mileage runs next year when my schedule allows) & I hope to be a productive member of this site. I'm looking forward to getting to know some of you.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 1:53 am

Hello there??

I am a new member in this forum and my name is Harry smith. I am from Canada and this is my first post here, guys. I am a travelling freak and would like ti make a move around different places. What's about you ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.