Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 11:03 am

Hello all - I am a new member, but have greatly benefited from the forum - I've never had a question that I did not find the answer here!

Just starting to travel more frequently for business again and hoping to build up status and miles (other than credit card points and shopping). "default" program is with AA, but Delta flies to most of my recent locations so building that up too.

Thank you to all you veteran travelers who make the idea of traveling a lot more appealing and a lot less scary!
Old Jul 3, 2015, 2:06 pm

Hi all. I recently caught the travel bug and interested in the whole points and rewards process for airfare. My main goal is to save money. I look forward to learning more.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA PLT, BAEC Silver, Ritz GLD, SPG GLD, HH Silver, GlobalEntry
Hi. Been reading for a while and just joined. Interests include status strategy and maximizing points. Home airport is SFO; accruing on BAEC due to early tier year Europe qualifying trip.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 1:54 pm

Hi all! I've been coming to this site for a few years now to check out credit card related information and now that I have some points saved up I've finally created an account so I can learn about the best ways to put those points to use!
Old Jul 6, 2015, 10:07 pm

Programs: AC, WN, Nexus
Hello everyone! I'm more of an occasional flyer than is typical on this site---thank goodness---but am now back and forth occasionally between BDL and YVR. I learned a lot about Nexus and border crossing from this site and will now be less of a lurker.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:53 pm

Hi all. Joined yesterday as having trouble changing flights. Regular flyer thanks to new job. Wish I'd found this site a whole lot sooner! :-)
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:30 pm

Hi all, just joined the forum as I had a question over United Lounge access but i look forward to being a part of the community.

Flying from Houston to Glasgow tomorrow with United, great timing given the entire fleet was grounded this morning
Old Jul 8, 2015, 1:37 pm

Greetings!
I'm Devon, a california native, aspiring to be an international businessperson or road warrior.

Ever since I was little I have been spoiled by my father with his various rewards clubs and points, especially with his 1K status. Now I seek to achieve the same as soon as possible! I'm only 22 so I have a ways to go and wanted to get in on this forum officially, as I have only browsed it from google search results previously.

I'll be sure to buy some FT swag as posted above! So much has been posted in this form that I will have to catch up on.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 11:26 am
HMD

Programs: AAdvantage
Hi all! I'm Heather and new to the FT forums and site.

I'll largely be lurking as I travel so infrequently. I happen to be in the non-lucrative and rarely traveling world of teaching. I also don't use credit cards. But I'm oh-so-slowly going to pick away at my travel bucket list and build up a very modest amount of AAdvantage miles. I look forward to learning about deals, ways to maximize miles and enjoy lots of travel vicariously through you all.

Nice to "meet" you all!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 5:34 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Hi all,

I'm a student and can't believe I just planned two international flights in the next 3 months just to maximize points and status... what am I doing with life?

Old Jul 9, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Flying Blue, NEXUS
Hey, all!!

Occasional lurker, first time poster, total noob. Hoping to learn lots to maximize my Aeroplan redemption in the future.

Cheers!
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:27 am

Hi all,

Got the travel bug and always planning the next holiday (sometimes without the kids sometimes with) :-)

Next trip hopefully GLA - DUB - JFK next year sampling Aer Lingus new business class...
Old Jul 10, 2015, 2:46 am

Hello,
Very first post here. I've been looking around and learning lots. I feel waaay behind the curve on the lingo. I've had various levels of status with UA in the past, and booked a MR to get back to Premier status thanks to tips on fares here on FT.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: SQ,CX,LX
Actually joined some time ago but only just noticed this topic. Retired now but ex seasoned traveller (BA Gold in the 1990's) so it's only leisure travel now. Always had an interest in airlines/travel and I worked on the ABC World Airways Guide (computerising the transfer connections) in 1970-2 also did some work at SAS in Stockholm on the reservations system in the 1980s as well as some reservation work at Olympic Airways in Athens integrating ferry bookings with the airline reservation systems. Recent travel has been to NZ where our daughter is now living and will be going again in Feb on CX with a stopover in HK. I apologise for some of the rather inane questions that I might have asked on the CX board but it's been along time and my brains going I think.....
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:42 pm

Programs: SPG, HGP, UA, UR
Hello, everyone! I'm new to FlyerTalk and learned of this site through ThePointsGuy's site. I currently live in San Francisco, so the home airport is SFO. Like many based at a United hub, I've amassed quite a few MileagePlus miles, but I'm looking to diversify airlines and hopefully find one with better customer service and value than United (which shouldn't be difficult). Looking at Alaska very closely, because I may relocate to Seattle in the next 2-3 years. Alas, most of my points collection is with Chase UR and Alaska isn't a transfer partner. Any suggestions on this front are very appreciated.

I used to travel more for business, but now most of my travel is personal. I'm building towards some international travel goals, but I also love taking weekend domestic trips and generally stay at either Starwood or Hyatt properties.

Looking forward to meeting (at least online) fellow FlyerTalk members and learning from all of you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.