New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 5:13 pm

New member, new to Aadvantage

Hello, been lurking for a while & decided to finally join & hopefully get some sound advice 👍👍
Old Feb 27, 2015, 1:51 pm

Hello, my name is Julio and I joined a few weeks ago and have gotten a lot out of the information here.

I recently saw a Vimeo video about FF points where the founder of FT was featured. My browser crashed half way through the video (it may have been an omen, lol) so I cant find it again. Does anyone have the link?

I am also interested in knowing how to start getting FF miles. I dont have credit cards so I cant get any rewards that way but I want to know the best way to start accumulating miles and points, i.e. what programs to join what my expectations should be, etc.

Thanks as always in advance.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jnamiyo
I am also interested in knowing how to start getting FF miles. I dont have credit cards so I cant get any rewards that way but I want to know the best way to start accumulating miles and points, i.e. what programs to join what my expectations should be, etc.
Keep your expectations low. FFP's are for the long term
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/infor...help-here.html
Old Feb 27, 2015, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Found FT a few months back. Great resource. Decided to join and participate in the fun.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 11:03 am

Hi, I just registered a few days ago though I've been lurking off and on the last few months. The information here has been fantastic and I'm slowly getting points and miles together for a nice long vacation in Hawaii and other places in 2016.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: JAL, KrisFlyer
Been lurking for years. Mostly domestic travel, some international when I can justify it as a business expense (I'm self-employed). Dad had a UA "100,000 Mile Club" award from back in the day when that was a big deal. My first flight was on TWA in the 1970s when I was a little kid. LOVED it.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 6:18 am

New Member Here

Hello,

I am new in this forum
greeting to all.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:17 am

Longtime lurker and longtime world traveler finally jumping into the pond here. What a wonderfully helpful site!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 3:56 pm

Greetings

Wanted to join FT for a while. Today's snow in DC forced my hand. Hope to contribute to the community and benefit from the discussions.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 12:26 am

Programs: QF, CX
Just joined FT.
Hope to be able to learn and share some travel tips.
Old Mar 7, 2015, 5:40 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold
Hi everyone , after couple of months of lurking and researching information from FT . I've joined today . I hope i'll be able to provide some usefull info.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 4:55 pm

Hi - I'm AONwheels, and I've come across this forum many times in searching on phone/data SIMs in Europe, ATM machines in various countries, and using chip and PIN cards in Europe.

The information has been very helpful, so I figured I should go ahead and join and use more of the available info.

Right now I'm working on our trip to France.

Last year we traveled in Bavaria and Austria, and the year before that in the Netherlands and Belgium.

I spend a lot of time reading Trip Advisor reviews to choose the hotels we stay at and restaurants to try. And I spend a lot of time studying on-line maps.

We currently had the United Mileage Plus VISA card and membership and AAA. We did just sign up for Thalys TheCard for each of us.

I booked a bunch of train tickets for our upcoming trip through capitaintrain.com

A.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 9:09 pm

Programs: TK *G, Spirit Gold, Marriott Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Amex Plat, Chase SR
Hi everyone,

I joined several years ago but I've been lurking ever since. I am now looking to becoming part of the community. Hope to speak to you all soon on this fantastic resource
Old Mar 17, 2015, 10:11 am

Occasional lurker, finally decided to join. I travel at least twice a year to Central America, but I'm looking to expand my horizons soon. Right now I'm helping my parents plan their trip to Taiwan in June.
Old Mar 18, 2015, 9:01 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Hi Everyone...

(Fairly) long time lurker, have finally taken the plunge and joined!

Started a new job in January with a lot of travel, so this site is becoming a lot more useful.

So far this year I have completed the flowing trips: KEF (x2), TLL, CAI, OPO, WAW with CPT, CAI (Again), JNB, BUD and BEY coming up in the next month or two.

Further ahead there is potentially Jamaica, Dominican Republic and numerous others lined up so 2015 will hopefully be an interesting year in terms of not only the travel but also achieving status etc

I should hit BAEC Bronze after CPT only to be knocked back down to 0 tier points as my BAEC year runs until mid April…

I have a few general questions which I hope I can find the answers to on here – or at least be pointed in the right direction.

I have a fairly flexible travel policy with work, most EU trips will be with BA in economy (where available), failing that I’ll be on U2, RYR or whoever else flies to where I need to be.

Mid to long haul will be with whoever I choose (BA mainly) in a mixture of Y+ and business.

Again, for accommodation we have a fairly flexible approach – and can book with whoever I wish. Currently I have been using hotels.com with 12.5% cashback on top and effectively another 10% back in terms of the Hotels.com rewards promotion.

From FT’ers perspective: Is the hotels.com scheme with the cashback a decent method? I quite like the flexibility it offers and the 22.5% return seems pretty good?

Flying wise I am hoping to climb the ranks of the BA exec club – however I’ve already taken 3 short haul flights with *A carriers in Europe. I hastily joined Krisflyer only to discover that the two LOT flights in economy (T) didn’t even earn any miles! I’ve since had a short TAP flight post me a meagre 350 miles.

I will generally try and stick to OW wherever possible but is Krisflyer a good home for any *A flights I undertake?

Lastly I took the out BAPP Amex last month and am already over half way to hitting the companion voucher –so I hope to get a J or F redemption this year or the next.

Looking forward to this journey and any comments you may provide will be well received.

Thanks,

David

Last edited by heathrowflyer; Mar 18, 2015 at 10:13 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.