Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

New Member Roll Call!

Old Jan 16, 2017, 6:53 am

There is so much good info on here. Hoping I can contribute once I learn some more.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:56 pm

Hello all! Just started with the miles and points thing and am amazed (and appreciative!) at all the information available in the forums. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 5:37 am
Suspended

Hi Every one , I am new here......
Old Jan 23, 2017, 9:37 pm

Have been churning for a while now; hoping to get more involved in flyertalk activities, contributing and learning new things. Kudos to everyone here for keeping it so useful.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 3:16 pm

Hello!

Hi folks,

Just posting a 'hello'. I've been lurking and enjoying the great info.
Old Jan 27, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Hilton
Hello All,
I am new to this forum but looking forward to learning and sharing with others.

Angela
Old Jan 30, 2017, 1:45 pm

Good afternoon!

Hi Flyertalk Friends!
I've been reading until my eyes are burning and still feel like such a newb! I have a question about the best way to pay for an upgrade...well not, +$7000- but that's all I've found so far. I travel with my uncles/cousins once a year and they bought tickets with an agent of some sort. I have just developed rheumatoid arthritis and had trouble riding in a car for two hours. I KNOW I won't be able to move after a 10 hour flight! I really want to go on this trip, since it might be our last one. The uncles are all over 75...and I'm the young one!

We usually fly on United and I can upgrade with some $$ and miles after we buy the ticket. This time we are on Delta and I can't find any way to make it up on one of those lie flat seats. I called the agent and they wanted $2600 but I read that sometimes the airline will pull those tickets and send you home...so I was afraid to do that.

I've called and tweeted- they said my seat can't be upgraded. As a last resort, I sent an email to Delta and they finally said that I could upgrade for $7000.

If I buy another ticket, will Delta possibly offer an upgrade? I'm willing to pay, but I'm just not sure where to go to do this?! Surely there is an option!

Any ideas? Or is there a better place to post my question?
Thanks ya'll!
Lynn
Old Feb 2, 2017, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lynn Odum
...we are on Delta and I can't find any way to make it up on one of those lie flat seats...
will Delta possibly offer an upgrade?
Lynn, you might want to check out the Delta forum with your Delta question.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...-skymiles-665/

Good luck to you.
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:41 am

Programs: LH Silver, OK Gold
Hello to all FlyerTalkers,
I think my first message on FlyerTalk should be in this thread. I came here through a similar forum (forum.airways.cz) to find some answers to my questions. I am currently SkyTeam Gold and Star Alliance Silver member, flying mostly within Europe for pleasure. I hope I don't get lost on this forum - there are so many topics, it becomes intimidating.
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:51 am

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, EBS, HH Silver
Hi guys,

I just signed up after several weeks of `forum spying` I am mainly flying SAS ARN-XXX.

Von Schnitzelhausen
Old Feb 9, 2017, 6:20 am

Programs: Skyteam, OneWorld
Hello everyone, new member here! I´ve been reading furiously for a couple of months. Then I decided join this amazing community.
I am from Argentina. I spend 3 months in France every year as I have family there too.
I´m looking to find better ways to travel and spend less
This stuff is so addictive lol. How come I didn´t find you 15 years ago!!!
I´m still trying to find threads for tips from Argentina. All tickets are way more expensive from Argentina that any other countries! YQ are always higher... the OTA´s make you call to double check your credit card details so they will notice if I find a nice trick.
Anyway... if anyone needs any clues about my country (or the South of France) let me know and I´ll be glad to help.
Cheers!!!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 8:56 am

Hello!
I'm new here. Hope to find some informations!
Greetings from Croatia!
Old Feb 9, 2017, 9:06 am

Originally Posted by reduj
Hello!
I'm new here. Hope to find some informations!
Greetings from Croatia!
Welcome to you and the other new members. Dobrodošli.
Old Feb 12, 2017, 5:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver | Hilton Diamond | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite | IHG Platinum Elite | Radisson Gold
Hello All

Hi everyone,

Thought the most appropriate place for my 1st post would be this thread.

Looking forward to chatting to you all.

TreehouseTravlr
Old Feb 14, 2017, 12:01 pm

Joined in May 2016, have been browsing FT for years though reading Trip Reports from the likes of SFO777/etc, thought it was time I might as well contribute.

I am 30, live in Michigan (USA) on the west side of the state, have a great career as a Director of IT for a large regional trucking/logistics company, married to the love of my life and have 2 beautiful girls. Most of my travel is for work in our regional area (Wisconsin, Kentucky, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan) and a bit of "leisure" travel as well. With remote/VPN access what it is today my travel has slowed down considerably over the years and thus have to some degree lost my "frequent" status. I tend to prefer "quality" travel over quantity of travel these days. With Michigan's gorgeous summer weather we tend to spend most of our summers out camping on the beach which is kind of a "mini" vacation every weekend!

Started my first trip report: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...dding-nyc.html

Have some travel coming up that I will write Trip Reports on, one is a Caribbean cruise with Royal Caribbean (2/25-3/4) flying United and the other is a work trip to Louisville, KY (3/8-3/11) with Delta.

Looking forward to contributing more, I know I have gleaned lots of useful information from these forums and the FF community as a whole!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.