Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

New Member Roll Call!

New Member Roll Call!

Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:48 pm

Hi! I am Elsie, based in NYC. I have stepped up to the plate after months of lurking, and hereby declare myself on the board!

Great site, kudos to all involved. Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: AS MVPG -> MVP -> now nothing, DL SM, Global Entry
Hello! I've been a very long time lurker and have gained a lot of useful information from the great posters here, but finally decided to sign up. Why? Who knows...I don't have a lot of great insights but perhaps may have something to add now and again.

Have enjoyed the MR discussions and have done what I'd consider a few modified MRs at the end of various years to make status. Thanks to all those who have added to my knowledge!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 5:48 pm

Hi all! Occasional flyer. Just trying to wrap my head around all this upgrade and Frequent Flyer talk.

First q, what do you mean when you got an upgrade from y-f or f-j, etc

Cheers!!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, EY Guest Gold
Originally Posted by lacidcat
Hi all! Occasional flyer. Just trying to wrap my head around all this upgrade and Frequent Flyer talk.

First q, what do you mean when you got an upgrade from y-f or f-j, etc

Cheers!!
I believe Y is for Economy Class, J is for Business Class, and F is for First Class .
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:31 pm

Hello, my name is Yuki, resident of Jackson Heights, Queens in NY.
I was born in Kyoto Japan and lived in Osaka and Miyazaki's smalll country town called Umekita City located in Kyushu Prefecure. I moved to NYC 1996.

I love all kinds of transportations from cars, buses, trains, taxis, trolleys, lightrails, planes, ferries.
I love to take picture.
I am also into singing, reading, typing.

As you may know me from 2005 X-Mas NY Times Article featuring "He Loves New York, and It Loves Him Right Back."

I am adventurer because I love to explore new places. If I had lots of money, I would want to go on Amazing Race with my best friend.

My first international flight ride was from Japan to JFK Airport via Seoul International Airport and my first domestic flight was direct flight via LGA- Cleveland Hopkins Airport.
I hope to enjoy this site.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Nov 30, 2014 at 5:39 pm Reason: removed personal data
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:35 pm

Just joined

Hi everyone,

I've known about flyertalk for a while but never joined until now.

I'm flying to Asia soon. I look forward to finding out more what this site is all about.

keep traveling.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:37 am

Greetings to one and all

A respectful salutation to all, coming to you from the Sunny State of QLD in Australia. And in my case, the Far North.

Looking to avail myself of the collective wisdom that surely reside on the pages and posts of such an interesting Forum.

Blessings of health and happiness to all and sundry.

PJ.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Just joined

Welcome to FT!
Old Nov 28, 2014, 4:22 pm

Just saying "hi"

I just joined and don't really have any questions right now. I thought I would poke around and check this out. Beth from Tonawanda, NY
PS. For those who don't know, Tonawanda is north of Buffalo, NY. Yea, the area that was in the news last week for getting 7 ft of snow in a 24 hour period. Thankfully, my area was spared. It was a real mess south of Buffalo.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 8:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Welcome to FT!

Asia is a huge place! Where are you going?
Old Nov 29, 2014, 5:27 pm

Hi

First off, I jut wanted to say thanks to the creators and admins for producing such a useful site.

I'm just starting to learn about travel and mileage programs and I think I will be learning for next next year or so. I'm especially interested in premium travel and programs that would benefit families.
Old Nov 29, 2014, 11:58 pm

Hello PJ

Welcome to FT!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:07 pm

Red face FreshGuru - from browser to poster

Wow - this is jam packed, active and up to date site! I have browsed before but this time I'm going to post as I need a bit of help!

I just don't pay enough attention to my Air Canada points and this year it looks like I might slip to the 25K Altitude from the 35K Altitude for the first time in a long time. Now that so many items are being stripped away I need to pay a bit of attention. I want to post some questions asap to see if there is a way to hit the 35K level by using flight segments. So will go and search to see if I can find a thread - if not then I will post a new thread. :confused:

I'm a FF and have around 550,000 or so lifetime points on Air Canada.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by FreshGuru
Wow - this is jam packed, active and up to date site! I have browsed before but this time I'm going to post as I need a bit of help!

I just don't pay enough attention to my Air Canada points and this year it looks like I might slip to the 25K Altitude from the 35K Altitude for the first time in a long time. Now that so many items are being stripped away I need to pay a bit of attention. I want to post some questions asap to see if there is a way to hit the 35K level by using flight segments. So will go and search to see if I can find a thread - if not then I will post a new thread.

I'm a FF and have around 550,000 or so lifetime points on Air Canada.

Hi FreshGuru, welcome to FT!

Your best bet for information on Air Canada will be in their forum: Air Canada | Aeroplan.

Specifically, you'll probably want to look here for FF plan updates: Important updates to Air Canada Altitude in 2015
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:08 am

Hi. I have been lurking since September and learning lots! Dh and I have already accumulated several awards via Amex, Chase and Barclay. Having used the points for free travel and using business travel to help it all along. Hoping to get in on the SW Chase companion awards next. Really appreciate all the great information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.