Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2014, 6:21 am

Programs: AA US
Hello all!
I am a researcher of dance from the east coast, but have been spending most of my days in various European countries. I have lurked sporadically for a year or two, but finally got started on US and AA and excited to learn more!
Old Nov 12, 2014, 11:04 pm

Saying hello to everyone

Hello! I've heard of this forum before, but this is first time I've posted here. I'm new to airline points and redemption, so I have plenty of questions I look forward to asking! Thanks in advance to everyone!
Old Nov 13, 2014, 12:19 pm

Hello, new here, and quite new to learning about miles, points & such. I've lurked for a bit & may continue to lurk, but at least now I'm a member!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta, Hilton, Hertz, Marriott, SPG
Hi there -

Long time lurker and FF, first time poster. I'm trying to make it to DL Gold Medallion before the end of the year (first time I might not make it!) and looking for tips to make it without breaking the bank.

Thanks for everyone's contributions to this forum - I find it invaluable!
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Elevate, Mileage Plus
Hi everyone. New to this iteration. Years ago, I belonged to Trip Talk/Hot Talk and was relatively active. Actually hosted a quick even in San Francisco in 2002 or 2003. I was KennySF then. Years have passed and things have changed. During the economic downturn, I went back to school and am about to finish my MA in Geography (switched gears totally to get the BA first)...will defend my thesis in time to cross that stage before my 50th birthday next year!

I live out in the Desert -- Cathedral City, near Palm Springs -- and commute to Los Angeles and Orange County for work and school. Have more hotel premium points than FF miles; however, have done some fun travel (Northern Italy and Eastern Med in 2013). Plus, heading for a quick Southern Italy jaunt over the holidays. Wonder if any of the former posters are on here. Would love to hear!
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:57 pm

First post

Hi guys,

My name is Andi. I joined a couple weeks ago but this my first time to post. I'm quite new to the idea of frequent flyer programs and to be honest I'm a little anxious joining this community since this is an unfamiliar territory for me. But I have to learn it as part of my new job.

Some of the posts I have browsed through so far, I can barely understand due to the frequent flyer lingos used. But I'm taking baby steps to learn and understand them.

This site is very helpful and contains a lot of useful information. Thanks to all the members who continue to share what they know.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 4:59 am

Programs: BAEC, SPG
Thumbs up

Hi guys,

Ken from London, UK here. Just got on the airmiles bandwagon a couple of months back and I am hooked. FT has been very helpful so far and I am keen to learn more.

Great forum!
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: SkyMiles
Hi all! Started earning miles when I decided to do my final two years of college in the US - been unashamedly obsessed with earning miles ever since. My biggest regret? I've flown all my life but only thought to start earning miles a couple of years ago. Onwards and upwards...
Old Nov 19, 2014, 10:42 pm

Programs: AY+Plat Hilton Diamond
Hi all!
Old Nov 21, 2014, 1:07 pm

Programs: CP Dividend Miles ,Lifetime Platinum Marriott Rewards, Diamond Hilton
Glad to be part of group

Love what I am discovering here on Flyertalk, will be retiring at end of year and hope to discover great opportunities to travel here.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 1:37 pm

Hello Everyone!

New here and just literally joined this community. Love the passion here and hope to start contributing significantly over the next few months.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:51 pm

Programs: UA Silver
Hi all and thanks for the super-valuable information on here.

Am a leadership coach and love my job. Based near Denver and mostly use UA. Aiming to take fewer overseas trips in 2015 and build more work locally.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 10:06 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K
Hello!

Long time lurker but first post!

Justin
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:02 pm

Thumbs up Kind of New

I love this site. It "takes me away". I am a 24/7 caregiver for my husband who is a quadriplegic. I have 30 days a year respite, taken in 3/10 day intervals. I come here to daydream, learn. I am going on my first cruise next month. Will be going alone, but I don't mind that. I enjoy reading all of the posts and feel like I know some of you already.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 11:06 pm

Thumbs up Kind of New

I love this site. It "takes me away". I am a 24/7 caregiver for my husband who is a quadriplegic. I have 30 days a year respite, taken in 3/10 day intervals. I come here to daydream, learn. I am going on my first cruise next month. Will be going alone, but I don't mind that. I enjoy reading all of the posts and feel like I know some of you already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.