New Member Roll Call!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Member Roll Call!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2014, 6:30 am

Programs: TK*G, QR Gold, VA Gold, NZ Gold
hey everyone I'm a new member this month. i've been reading a lot of FT in previous month but i wanted to start talking to you guys. what brought me in is the love of flying and now I'm officially doing mileage run. hopefully getting my new star alliance gold by january 2015 currently I am a silver krisflyer.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 7:24 am

Programs: QF, VA
Greetings from Australia... I'm heading to USA for a vacation soon, so wanted to reach out say hi to fellow Frequent Flyers during my travels around the country.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 9:51 am

Programs: SPG,Aeroplan,BA Avios
Hi! I am from Toronto, Canada and looking to take my family to Europe next year!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:06 pm

Programs: QF
Good day from Sydney Australia.

My friend told me about this forum and I've been reading it in the last few days and gained heaps of insights in terms of trip planning. I'm planning my one-month trip to South America from Oct to Nov and focusing mainly on Peru, Chile and Argentina side. Any local tours to be recommended?

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 5:20 pm

Hi all! Native New Yorker here, hoping to learn as much as I can from all of you! I spent 6 months backpacking through Europe without any knowledge of travel hacking, but picked up a few tips along the way. Now that I know I want to keep traveling, I'm hoping to learn all that I can about points/miles programs so that I can travel longer for less money. Thanks in advance for everything you have to teach!
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wolfletitbe
... I'm planning my one-month trip to South America from Oct to Nov and focusing mainly on Peru, Chile and Argentina side. Any local tours to be recommended?
Welcome to FlyerTalk... you might get some good ideas from some of the destination sub-forums of the Americas forum. Good luck!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: Flying Blue - Gold, KrisFlyer Silver, British Airways - Silver
Hi Everyone,

I'm a recent High School graduate about to go off to college and love playing the Miles and Award Tickets games but still have a lot to learn!

Any advice on US Airways Award bookings and how to use FlyerTalk is greatly appreciated

TCK
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:55 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Welcome, ThirdCultureKid. If you haven't already, go to the American Airlines forum and check out the American and US Airways pre-merger threads. Lots of valuable information there.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 2:47 pm

Hi. New to this. Have I done something wrong? The message box us prefilled?

[redacted inadvertent quote of original thread post]

Hi. New to this. Have I done something wrong? The message box us prefilled?

Mod Note: You did nothing wrong, but when you posted, you selected the "quote" option in the lower right corner of the first post, which copied the contents of that post to your reply. You can avoid ths by using the "Post Reply" button that appears at the beginning and end of each thread page.

Welcome to FlyerTalk! Enjoy your time here.

Co-Moderator, Information Desk

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Aug 4, 2014 at 9:58 pm
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:10 pm

Hi all,

After getting engaged and beginning to think about the wedding costs & honeymoon, I realized how much money could be saved (and rewards earned) by joining FF programs and opening some new credit cards. After starting to research how exactly to maximize the value of the spending my fiancé and I will be doing on the wedding, I came across this forum and haven't really left since! Just wanted to say hello and that I am looking forward to learning from all of you and hopefully contributing myself someday!
Old Jul 31, 2014, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Hi everyone.

I am a business traveller based in Glasgow looking for tips on FF programs that are good for upgrades. I have BA avios but very disillusioned about the impossibility of ever being able to use them, so evaluating a switch.

Apart from that, looking forward to hearing fellow traveller tales.

NM
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue, Eurobonus
Hello everyone, from Aberdeen in Scotland, and so far am very impressed with flyertalk.

Hope to contribute something useful to this community soon.

Scrudgy
Old Aug 3, 2014, 7:23 am

Hi! I'm based in Southeast Asia and am a working my way up the corporate ladder and hoping to increase the amount I travel. Found my way here as I want to learn how to make the best use of my miles.

Look forward to hearing/learning from the travelers and community here
Old Aug 3, 2014, 5:12 pm

Based in NY, love Disney and love to travel every once in a while, so I've been trying to accumulate points/miles in various programs through credit card churn and spend. Been reading the forums and blog posts on FT for a while, and I've found tons of good advice and no shortage of entertainment. Happy to be on-board officially now.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
A warm welcome to all of our new FlyerTalkers!

Just wanted to encourage those of you haven't already done so to add your location info to your profiles, as it greatly helps other FTers to understand your questions and give better quality assistance. Listing your primary airport is ideal, but even adding your country of residence makes a difference!

We've provided step-by-step instructions for profile editing here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22698560-post4.html

Also, if you are already active in one or more programs, it's a great idea to list them in your profile for the same reasons.

Good luck and safe travels, everyone!

Co-Moderator, Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.