Reload this Page >

Links to Help You Use the Site [See Wikipost]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aBroadAbroad
A great place to start is FlyerTalk Help! Located at the top of every FlyerTalk page, this menu includes the following useful links and tools:
  • About FlyerTalk — So, what exactly is FlyerTalk?
  • Airport Code Lookup — Looking for a particular airport code or the city with which it is associated?
  • Contact Us — Need to reach us for any reason? Go here.
  • FAQ — Frequently Asked Questions about FlyerTalk.
  • Glossary — Terms, abbreviations and acronyms related to frequent flying and general travel, along with a few that are unique to FlyerTalk. If you can't find the one you need, let us know!
  • Lost Password — If you have forgotten your FlyerTalk user name or password, use this form.
  • Privacy Policy — How we collect, use and safeguard your information.
  • Rules — We all agreed to follow them when we registered. So get to know them if you haven't done so already!

Register an Account — If you have not already done so, it is fast, free and allows you to start posting in the forums and discussions on FlyerTalk.

MyFlyerTalk — You can customize your FlyerTalk experience via the tools and links found here. Edit your profile, manage your subscriptions, check your PMs, and see all the new replies to your subscribed threads and fora at a glance... It's a great way to make keeping up with your FlyerTalk interests that much quicker and easier and more enjoyable!

Using the Search Feature on FlyerTalk: The Definitive Thread — While the Search feature on FlyerTalk is far from perfect and can always use improvement, it is not as bad as many FlyerTalk members claim it is — if you know how to use it. “I use it all the time, and it works rather well for me”, according to Canarsie. Find out how to better search for the information you are seeking — perhaps without having to ask for help.

Advanced Search — Looking for something in particular? Use this form to search forums on FlyerTalk. If you need help on how to use the Search feature on FlyerTalk, please click here.

The NEW FlyerTalk: Helpful Hints, Tips and Suggestions to Enhance Your Experience — This discussion is filled with hints, tips and suggestions to help enhance your experience on FlyerTalk. If you are not sure on how to use a certain functionality on FlyerTalk, do not be shy — ask! If a hint, tip or suggestion is not included, please feel free to add it!

Technical Support and Feedback — Report technical issues and submit suggestions pertaining to FlyerTalk.com by posting in this forum.

View Forum Leaders — This is a list of moderators, administrators, Senior Moderators and current members of the TalkBoard. You can contact any one of these FlyerTalk members via private message or e-mail message directly from this list.

How to post photos/images on FlyerTalk — Have photo of your travel experience to share? Need to post a screenshot of a web site that's giving you trouble? Follow the tips in this thread to upload your image and share it with the world!

New Forum Suggestions — Post your ideas for new forums on FlyerTalk in the TalkBoard forum.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2013, 12:32 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Welcome to the new Information Desk forum!

This will be a discussion which contains links to areas of FlyerTalk which could be useful to you, shown in the WikiPost above.

I invite fellow FlyerTalk members to assist me in keeping this discussion up to date with the latest information.

Last edited by aBroadAbroad; Apr 12, 2014 at 5:12 pm
Old Oct 28, 2013, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Thanks for putting that together! Everyone is welcome to contribute their knowledge and resources as they see fit!

Last edited by jackal; Nov 10, 2013 at 11:22 pm
Old Oct 29, 2013, 10:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Welcome to all....when this forum opens.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 11:52 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome All to the Information Desk and Flyertalk ^

Our wiki above is accessible by many- so please feel free to click to add those threads you feel will help fellow FT members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.