Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Information Desk
Reload this Page >

Only one ticket number for round-trip flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Only one ticket number for round-trip flight?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Question Only one ticket number for round-trip flight?

Hello folks, n00b here.

Recently I used Orbitz to book a round-trip flight with a connection through MSP. Orbitz sent me an e-ticket with only one ticket number for the whole round trip.

I entered that ticket number on Delta's SkyMiles site to get mileage credit, but only the outbound flights (from my departure terminal through MSP, and from MSP to my destination) showed up. The return flights did not show up.

Am I supposed to have a different ticket number for the return flights? And if so, how can I get it, since Orbitz did not send it to me? If I can't find the paper tickets, am I screwed?

Thanks...
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Good news! I just checked the Delta website, and now all four flights (two outbound, two return) show up! I guess it just took time to work through their system somehow? Strange, but it all turned out all right.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 8:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Have a good flight.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 12:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Doc Savage
Have a good flight.
I think the OP has already flown all segments and was trying to get mileage credit for the entire trip.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I think the OP has already flown all segments and was trying to get mileage credit for the entire trip.
Yes, that's right. It was a pretty good flight, though.
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:26 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Rule of thumb: One trip, no matter how many segments (exceptions apply), one ticket number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.