Best time to purchase airfare to India for December

Subscribe
Hi a group of friends and I want to travel to India around Dec. 5-20 and have been looking around for airfare now. We were told $900-$1200 was a good price for airfare to India however we're only finding airfare for $1400 -$1500. Is it too early to get good deals for December? Or perhaps too late?
Thanks!
Where are you departing from?

I went to DEL from JFK on Aeroflot. It was the cheapest even after having to buy tickets from BOS. By no means the best airline to take, it was the least expensive (and I wanted to spend 7 hours in seeing Moscow on the layover)
We're flying from Miami, FL and arriving in Delhi. Tks
Predicting when airfares will be lowest is difficult, you never know if there were be a fare sale between now and then or not. I found fares around $1000 from JFK, I didn't check to see how much it would cost to get to and from JFK on those dates. Since you have a group, you could road trip it, and take turns driving, but that might mean shortening your trip by a day at each end, depending on what time of day you can leave MIA, and when the flights to and from JFK are.
www.yapta.com is made just for the sort of situation you're looking at. Or just search for fares on kayak.com and book direct from the airline.

Though you might just want to go to an ethnc indian grocery store (there's a bunch in whichever US city you are in) and look at the flyers that various travel agents put out there.