Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

Connection time req for dom-Intl transfer in Mumbai??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, Marriott LT Titanium

Have 2 hours 10 minutes for connection between Jet Airways from Hyderabad and Continental to Newark - is that enough time?

What are the best transfer options? I know the airport has a coach service but is it easier to arrange a car to go between the two airports.

Thanks for your help.
Old Oct 27, 2007, 6:18 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum; Gold Points Platinum
Hi:

Depending on what time you arrive, you will have to wait for the coach for up to 1 hr. +. I did that recently and it is a good option if you have several hours between flights. In your case the best option would be to arrange for a car to take you there as it will probably get you there well in time for you to check in.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 8:30 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by Hotrod
Hi:

Depending on what time you arrive, you will have to wait for the coach for up to 1 hr. +. I did that recently and it is a good option if you have several hours between flights. In your case the best option would be to arrange for a car to take you there as it will probably get you there well in time for you to check in.
But this depends on the local traffic. The junction onto the Highway at the domestic airport can get pretty busy at peak times...I'd say that its better not to risk it, and wait for the airport bus. IIRC it transfers you airside until the last minute (domestic airports here don't tend to have Immigration/Emmigration facilities so you have to get dropped landside and go thru emmigration only at the airport of intl departure).

EB
Old Nov 8, 2007, 6:28 am

Programs: BA silver
this may be a bit tight but is possible. We landed from an internal flight and collected luggage and caught the coach within 20 mins. The coach is pretty quick. From another forum I am on I can say that most folks who take alternative transport would say you need 3 to 3 and a half hours.
By the way we were checked in for our international flight within an hour, but we did get the coach immediately.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 1:44 pm
Original Poster

An update

Well, this did not turn out well.

Incoming flight was delayed by over an hour due to ATC issues. Caught the coach within 20 minutes of landing and made it to the International Terminal just in time for them to close the flight.

Ended up buying a ticket on the Delta flight instead. Jet refused any compensation as I didnt have the required 3 hour connection time.
Old Nov 11, 2007, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA silver
oh dear-that must have been a nightmare
hopefully at least others will take this on board( no pun intended) and allow plenty of time for connections.
Old Dec 28, 2007, 11:59 pm

I'm glad I checked this forum. I just asked the same question in another post... Having never been to Mumbai, I thought 85 minutes would have been enough, but that was before I learned that one has to take ground transportation between the Domestic and International terminals. So, I guess I was crazy to assume 85 minutes would be enough! Sounds like I need twice that amount, right?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Take the Delta flight instead

There is no way you can make that connection, even if everything runs ontime.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:28 pm

Which carrier has better Business/First service, IA, DL or CO?

Originally Posted by ny747
Take the Delta flight instead.
How was the inflight service on DL? Were you in Coach or Business?

Which carrier do you think has better Business class service between BOM & EWR/JFK, DL or CO? Would IA's First class service be better than DL or CO's Business class?
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:34 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by MikeFromBDL
Would IA's First class service be better than DL or CO's Business class?
Much as I try to avoid AI, I'm pretty sure its F class service on the BOM-JFK nonstop would be better than either DL or CO business class.
Old Dec 30, 2007, 11:46 pm

Oops, I meant AI (not IA).

Just not sure I could justify an additional $2000-3000 in fares, unless AI's F-seats recline completely flat, and maybe a little massage.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Go with Delta

Originally Posted by MikeFromBDL
How was the inflight service on DL? Were you in Coach or Business?

Which carrier do you think has better Business class service between BOM & EWR/JFK, DL or CO? Would IA's First class service be better than DL or CO's Business class?
I flew CO in business on the way out and DL in business back to NY. I like the Bizelite seats much better than BF plus the cabin has a newer and cleaner look
Old Jan 1, 2008, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by ny747
I flew CO in business on the way out and DL in business back to NY. I like the Bizelite seats much better than BF plus the cabin has a newer and cleaner look
Both DL & CO fly 777 planes. BE seats are slightly newer due to personal IFE upgrade. Food should be similar. OTH, booze selection on BF I am unaware of recent options.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.