Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DEL interlining questions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2011, 11:49 am
Original Poster

DEL interlining questions

I'm not familiar with the changes in DEL since the new terminal opened. I am considering traveling ORD-CCU-ORD, using AA for ORD-DEL-ORD.

(a) If I am staying overnight in DEL on the outbound, will 9W take my luggage after I walk it through Customs? (Probably not but I thought I would ask.) (I know there's a same-evening connection but I would like to visit some friends.)

(b) On the return, Orbitz is showing lower fares if I take AI from CCU to DEL. I know AA has a relationship with 9W, but I don't know what arrangements it has with AI...will my luggage be interlined at DEL, or will I have to retrieve it and take it to AA?

Many thanks,
Old Jul 26, 2011, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

This is a question about 9W and AI, so I posted it in Airlines of India. (It was moved.)
Old Jul 27, 2011, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by kalia960
(a) If I am staying overnight in DEL on the outbound, will 9W take my luggage after I walk it through Customs? (Probably not but I thought I would ask.) (I know there's a same-evening connection but I would like to visit some friends.)
you won't be allowed to check-in your luggage the night before your flight....where do you plan to stay overnight????this is a hotel at the airport itself....

(b) On the return, Orbitz is showing lower fares if I take AI from CCU to DEL. I know AA has a relationship with 9W, but I don't know what arrangements it has with AI...will my luggage be interlined at DEL, or will I have to retrieve it and take it to AA?
if you are on a different pnr for this leg then you will have to collect your luggage in del & take it to the aa counter....
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
if you are on a different pnr for this leg then you will have to collect your luggage in del & take it to the aa counter....
No, it's a single itinerary, AI to AA. But in the old days luggage could not be interlined in DEL at all and I don't know what has/hasn't changed.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
No, it's a single itinerary, AI to AA. But in the old days luggage could not be interlined in DEL at all and I don't know what has/hasn't changed.
back in the day there were 2 different terminals so it was not possible for the luggage to be interlined....now that its one terminal it is definitely possible....in the past i have done del-jfk on ai & jfk-iad on aa & my luggage was tagged on to my final destination....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.