FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india-478/)
-   -   MasterCard airport lounge access in India (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/india/644453-mastercard-airport-lounge-access-india.html)

Savage25 Jan 7, 2007 9:50 am

MasterCard airport lounge access in India

This was mentioned in this thread for BOM, but I thought I'd start a new thread since this applies to DEL, CCU, MAA and COK as well.

Use your Gold, Platinum or Titanium MasterCard card and enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges across India.

05/01/06 - 04/30/07

This offer is valid from May 1, 2006 till April 30, 2007 and may be withdrawn without notice at any time.
This offer can be availed at all MasterCard Lounges at Domestic and International Airports at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Cochin.
This offer can be availed by individual MasterCard card holders at all MasterCard lounges by presenting their valid MasterCard card at the entrance/reception, after appropriate verification.
This offer can not be clubbed with any other offer being run simultaneously by Clipper Lounges.
In case MasterCard card holders have comparable Airline benefits, the Airline benefits will apply and this offer will not be valid.

Present your MasterCard card at any MasterCard lounges at Domestic and International Airports at Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and Cochin.

Gold:
https://www.mastercardmoments.com/pa...d=706&cat=1090

Platinum/Titanium:
https://www.mastercardmoments.com/pa...d=707&cat=1090

painintheuk Jan 7, 2007 2:02 pm

How do the 'Mastercard Lounges' differ from other lounges, if at all? Or do the airports generally just have 1 lounge shared by everyone? If I have access due to Jet Business Class, is that the same as having a fancy coloured Mastercard?

I seem to remember multiple lounges in Delhi (I was on LH), but am not sure.

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK

GUWonder Jan 8, 2007 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by painintheuk (Post 6969789)
How do the 'Mastercard Lounges' differ from other lounges, if at all? Or do the airports generally just have 1 lounge shared by everyone? If I have access due to Jet Business Class, is that the same as having a fancy coloured Mastercard?

I seem to remember multiple lounges in Delhi (I was on LH), but am not sure.

Thanks,

Dr. PITUK

"MasterCard Lounges" in India are just lounges with which MasterCard has an arrangement -- like the Oberoi/Clipper Lounge at DEL (international).

aerosmith Feb 27, 2007 10:15 pm

I believed the "Mastercard lounges" are the Clipper Lounges.

For those who have patronised these lounges in DEL, BOM, CCU, MAA and COK:

1. How's the food and drinks selection?

2. And most important of all, are these lounges very packed with passengers?

I will be going through the domestic terminal of DEL and BOM soon flying on Y, so the above information will help.

Thanks in advance for your response and thank you Mastercard for these benefit. ^

Kepler Feb 27, 2007 10:25 pm

The domestic mastercard lounge in BOM was not too bad, in the Jet Airways terminal at least.

Food options were quite good, although the lounge was definitely crowded, during the morning rush-hour time.

I'm not sure which lounge exactly MC has an arrangement with in the international terminal, but none of them are anything to write home about...

Savage25 Feb 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by aerosmith (Post 7310906)
I believed the "Mastercard lounges" are the Clipper Lounges.

For those who have patronised these lounges in DEL, BOM, CCU, MAA and COK:

1. How's the food and drinks selection?

2. And most important of all, are these lounges very packed with passengers?

I will be going through the domestic terminal of DEL and BOM soon flying on Y, so the above information will help.

Thanks in advance for your response and thank you Mastercard for these benefit. ^

I've used the 9W lounge in BOM domestic Terminal 1B (Jet Airways, Spicejet, Air Deccan...Indian and Kingfisher are in Terminal 1A) and they had a both cold and hot vegetarian and non-vegetarian snacks - not very filling although they did have some kind of penne pasta out a couple of times. Coffee, tea and Kingfisher/Fosters beer. The lounge has a restaurant attached to it if you feel like eating a proper meal (and paying for it). I've always found a table in the smoking section...the non-smoking section does get crowded sometimes.

Also used the Clipper lounge for an international departure from MAA but can't seem to remember anything about it apart from reading a copy of the Straits Times.

aerosmith Feb 27, 2007 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by Savage25 (Post 7310987)
Also used the Clipper lounge for an international departure from MAA but can't seem to remember anything about it apart from reading a copy of the Straits Times.

Contrary to what I have thought, it seems like they have an international range of journals, magazines and newspapers. ^

indiahoosier Mar 2, 2007 10:11 am

I don't think there is a MC--Clipper Lounge--in DEL Domestic. The one in BOM is nice and spacious. DEL Int gets very crowded.

jpatokal Jun 6, 2007 6:45 am

Originally Posted by Savage25 (Post 6968293)
Use your Gold, Platinum or Titanium MasterCard card and enjoy exclusive access to premium airport lounges across India.

05/01/06 - 04/30/07

The webpage now says that this has been extended to 12/31/08 ^

anaggie Jun 11, 2007 9:56 am

Originally Posted by neerajnevatia (Post 7310950)
The domestic mastercard lounge in BOM was not too bad, in the Jet Airways terminal at least.

Food options were quite good, although the lounge was definitely crowded, during the morning rush-hour time.

I'm not sure which lounge exactly MC has an arrangement with in the international terminal, but none of them are anything to write home about...

This lounge is pretty nice and if you jump over to the other side and pay for a meal....it is very good....Their non veg biryani is very good !!!!

that is usually what I end up doing....

dglewis76 Jun 14, 2007 8:48 pm

I like it too.
Last time I was there, they charged Rs 400 = $10 to enter, so this is a nice feature from mastercard.
Will use this in Sep

columb Jun 17, 2007 6:09 am

Any one tried with regular MC? My bank doesn't offer anything else than normal MC (one of the biggest banks, HSBC UK) :(

Cheers
Chris

GUWonder Jun 17, 2007 6:35 am

Originally Posted by columb (Post 7915022)
Any one tried with regular MC? My bank doesn't offer anything else than normal MC (one of the biggest banks, HSBC UK) :(

Cheers
Chris

Unfortunately the regular MasterCard debit cards and credit cards usually don't work. I wonder if there are any prepaid MasterCards available in the US that say "Gold" something or another.

anaggie Jun 17, 2007 10:42 am

Originally Posted by GUWonder (Post 7915065)
Unfortunately the regular MasterCard debit cards and credit cards usually don't work. I wonder if there are any prepaid MasterCards available in the US that say "Gold" something or another.

all you need one that says elite...gold....platinum....I used my Premier Pass Elite and it worked....

I am sure that Chairman will work as will the AAAdvantage Platinum.....

SkyTeam777 Sep 6, 2007 3:03 pm

I have the US Airways Mastercard that says Premier World and it is the higher of the two cards they offer...anyone know if that will work?