Wiki Posts
Search

Uber Black in Mumbai?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2017, 6:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Uber Black in Mumbai?

Anyone recently use UberBlack service in Mumbai? Do they actually use luxury cars (Mercedes, Audi, BMW sedans) or just use SUVs and larger vehicles that aren't really luxury brands?

I'm heading there soon and although the app says that they have UberBlack I've found information on travel websites from about two years ago that they dropped any luxury cars due to disagreements with the drivers and only offer Innova and equivalent SUVs.

Sensitive to this as we were in Santiago, Chile recently and while the app offered UberBlack, the cars were just "normal" cars, albeit late model and yes, they were black...

Thanks for info from any with actual experience!
Old Aug 6, 2017, 7:04 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Uber's requirements for UberBlack in Mumbai are as follows:

Your vehicle has to be a black sedan, town car, or crossover SUV that comfortably seats 4 passengers, or an SUV that seats at least 6 passengers.
Source: https://www.uberkit.net/blog/list-of...-118-vehicles/
Old Aug 7, 2017, 1:51 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Moving the thread to the India forum in accordance with the Ride Services forum guidelines.

NewbieRunner, Senior Moderator
Old Aug 8, 2017, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
no luxury cars anymore unfortunately....when uber black first started in india i would often get an audi a4 or a c class mercedes but over the last 3-4 years all i've been getting are either a skoda rapid or nissan sunny or honda city....once in a blue moon i get a skoda superb or toyota corolla but that's very rare....
Old Aug 8, 2017, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat; *A Gold; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Keyser
no luxury cars anymore unfortunately....

Thanks Keyser - that's consistent with what I saw on news reports from a couple years ago, sorry to learn it's still true. I'll just go with a car arranged by the hotel so I know I'm getting a luxury vehicle.

Disappointed in Uber as they seem to be still be positioning UberBlack as providing a luxury car in Mumbai on both their website and app. Glad to have it from someone on the ground - that's why these boards are so useful. ^
Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:43 am

Do luxury cars magically part Indian traffic so you can get to your destination faster?
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by malgudi
Do luxury cars magically part Indian traffic so you can get to your destination faster?
nope....but its nice to sit in a more comfortable seat with more legroom when you are stuck in crazy mumbai traffic for hours....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.