Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

If you are a women, never do inter terminal trans. in Delhi airport on their shuttles

If you are a women, never do inter terminal trans. in Delhi airport on their shuttles

Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
This was my wife's reply

"I took the shuttle at around 11.50pm on July 22, 2017. I don't have the copy of free shuttle coupon with me. It was a red bus that goes to T3.

There was no shuttle from 11pm due to which there were too many people who were waiting for the shuttle. There was no queue formed. When the bus finally arrived, people started to push each other trying to get into the bus. Bus had not arrived for so long that people were worried they might miss their international flight if they do not make into this bus. Most of them were men due to which it was even harder for me to push through the crowd and get into the bus. A man misbehaved while I was getting into the bus. Even after getting into the bus, it was so crowded that I had to stand between two suitcases to feel safe and avoid someone pushing/falling over me. It seemed more like a city bus and less like airport shuttle. It is very disturbing to experience this in an airport shuttle.

The counter where the free shuttle coupon also has no queue formed. Again, the counter was crowded with mostly men and I had a very hard time pushing through them to get my coupon. This style of operations makes it horrifying and unsafe for female passengers to take airport shuttles. I hope this gets fixed soon so that other passengers do not have a horrifying experience at airport in capital city of India.
"
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: ICH Platinum, Le Accor Platinum, Mariott Silver, Flying Returns Silver, Krisflyer Gold
This was the response from the delhi airport

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Greetings from IGI Airport!

We sincerely regret that your experience during your recent visit to IGI Airport was not up to your expectations.

As informed earlier, your communication was forwarded to concerned department.

We appreciate you for raising your concern with us. Rest assured, we had thoroughly checked this matter in detail. Currently the shuttle service is available to passengers at an interval of every 20 minutes. And there are continuous monitoring to check on the availability of shuttle at all times.

However, we had a fact finding survey of the shuttle timings and difficulties faced by passengers at all intervals. We had noticed few facts as stated below:

1. During night hours, between 2300hrs to 0300hrs, there are very less number of flights operating from Terminal-1 and passenger load is also very low. Hence the frequency of shuttle bus is also reduced accordingly, from 20 minutes to 40 minutes. ( We have already suggested to increase the shuttle service during this time).

2. Due to space constraint at T-1, there is no queuing system at the counter but generally people do follow the queue system to collect their free coupons. Apart from it we have a deployed a dedicated security personnel to maintain queuing system for boarding into bus and it is strictly being followed and monitored by city side team.

3. We have well taken your point to further improve our service quality at your satisfaction level and also the current outlook. Further, our team has conducted few soft skill sessions for the security personnel who gets deployed at that location. They have also been briefed to be vigilant and considerate to lady passengers, ladies travelling with children and elderly passengers and to allow them to board first.

Once again thank you for sharing your concern. Looking forward to your understanding and continued support. We will be delighted to welcome you to your own IGI Airport.

With Kind Regards

Customer Response Management

Delhi International Airport Ltd.

IGI Airport, New Delhi.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 1:44 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by GUWonder
A few decades ago, young adult, foreign female tourists to India would almost never have been subjected to lewd comments by people at the airports or on the street in India even when alone; now, it's almost certain to happen when paying attention and understanding the local language(s)/vernacular/slang if you stay around for long enough; often this happens even when in the company of a male travel companion. It's really gotten shamefully bad, and it's not just due to demographic shifts.
Sorry my friend, but this is selective memory. Since I can remember (recollection starts about 1980) men in India didn't hide their randy thoughts about my mother and expressed them in various obvious ways. I remember one of her students being super annoyed being grabbed in the bus back in 1992. In 1995 I recall being in Andaman of all places where a crowd of young men gathered to watch us at the beach, just because two of us were 45+yr old white women in one piece bathing suits. �� Goa in 2002 was the worst as a crowd of young drunk men gathered to watch a friend of mine as we were at the beach.
Old Aug 4, 2017, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sorry my friend, but this is selective memory. Since I can remember (recollection starts about 1980) men in India didn't hide their randy thoughts about my mother and expressed them in various obvious ways. I remember one of her students being super annoyed being grabbed in the bus back in 1992. In 1995 I recall being in Andaman of all places where a crowd of young men gathered to watch us at the beach, just because two of us were 45+yr old white women in one piece bathing suits. �� Goa in 2002 was the worst as a crowd of young drunk men gathered to watch a friend of mine as we were at the beach.
It's not selective memory. Things are much worse for foreign women now in India than it would have been 40+ years ago when controlling for certain factors about the foreign women in the country.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:04 am

Programs: KL-AF FB Elite Plus, LH M&M, BA, SQ, HHonors, etc.
You must be dreaming if you believe it is going to get fixed soon, as a matter of fact this is a mass male sickness epidemic which has gone viral to enormous proportions.

You need to post this incident on Skytrax website under Delhi airport too along with Social media sites. Advice is solo female pax not to enter India whatsoever!

In 2012 Delhi made (sic) world news by its infamous bus incident followed by the Agra incident.

Appears as if this Indian male mental epidemic has spread to the great Delhi airport transit bus & across other Indian airports, hotels, trains, etc. etc.

There are lots & lots of other sic things happening daily there but people have taken it as a normal way of life - thanks to the inefficiency of the ruling administration which is too busy in creating more bureaucracy & pushing vague propaganda programs.

Unsafe India shining truly.

Last edited by LH757; Aug 12, 2017 at 1:24 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.