Full-page visa when passport is full

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Full-page visa when passport is full

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 3:43 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
The evisa stamp is a regular stamp which is rectangular and takes up about a third of a page. Separately an entry stamp which is oval and about a quarter of a page is also placed and on exit an equally sized oval exit stamp.

This might help you decide on whether it's possible, they'll stamp the entry stamp partially over something else and possibly over an old visa. The evisa stamp needs to have stuff written in by hand and probably needs an empty space to be legible. The date of the oval entry stamp is also important as it will be checked at a checkpoint leaving the immigration area.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I have had extra pages inserted into my passport numerous times for this very reason--if your passport still has a couple of years on it, just do that rather than getting a new one. You can get it done in one day if you visit the passport office (or an overseas US consulate), IIRC.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 8:44 pm
Original Poster

Travelmad478, the US no longer adds extra pages. Effective January 1, 2016. https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...er-issued.html
Old Jul 5, 2017, 9:36 pm

Programs: BA GfL
Originally Posted by bedelman
Travelmad478, the US no longer adds extra pages. Effective January 1, 2016. https://travel.state.gov/content/pas...er-issued.html
Sorry for the misinformation. I am screwed on my next passport, then
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I was almost denied entry in Tokyo on my second passport -- I had pretty much filled up my standard-size passport without realizing it. In Japan they place a quarter-page stamp on your passport, insert a departure card and stamp your passport on exit.

After a bit of haggling the agent agreed to fit it in between two other stamps, but warned me that I would be denied entry the next time if I didn't get additional pages. I was very lucky, I think.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 11:51 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire
100% get a new passport.
Old Jul 7, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA GS Million Miler, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/Starwood Gold
At renewal time you can opt for a passport with 52 pages (lots more than standard). There's no extra charge for this.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 12:39 am

Programs: UA Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
The evisa stamp is a regular stamp which is rectangular and takes up about a third of a page. Separately an entry stamp which is oval and about a quarter of a page is also placed and on exit an equally sized oval exit stamp.

This might help you decide on whether it's possible, they'll stamp the entry stamp partially over something else and possibly over an old visa. The evisa stamp needs to have stuff written in by hand and probably needs an empty space to be legible. The date of the oval entry stamp is also important as it will be checked at a checkpoint leaving the immigration area.
+1

Not sure where the info that the evisa is a full page sticker comes from but it is not correct. See the attached picture of Indian e-visa entry/exit stamps. If you have to space to squeeze this in you are fine.
Attached Images  
Old Jul 8, 2017, 1:44 am

Originally Posted by eigenvector
See the attached picture of Indian e-visa entry/exit stamps. If you have to space to squeeze this in you are fine.
The immigration stamps are different at each port of entry.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
The immigration stamps are different at each port of entry.
The entry and exit stamps at BOM, CCU, HYD and MAA are identical and oval. The one in the image from DEL is circular which is different, but not a big difference size-wise. The visa sticker in that photo is oval as this is for a tourist eVisa, I didn't realize the difference. I get the business evisa which is dual entry and similar height and width but rectangular. But yeah you can squeeze them in and they don't strictly need to be on the same page.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by travelmad478
Sorry for the misinformation. I am screwed on my next passport, then
You can still get a new passport with more pages; it's just that the USA government will no longer add pages to an existing passport. In fact, when I did expedited renewal at a passport agency, I got the bigger version.
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:51 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Moderator's Action

Since this appears to be an India specific question, the India forum is the more appropriate home for this discussion. Please follow it there.

Thank you,

TWA884
Travel Safety/Security co-moderator
Old Jul 8, 2017, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by bd24133
I am a dual citizen. My US passport was full. I went to the Indian embassy and had an Indian visa placed in my other passport. The embassy (in NY) knew this and were obviously ok w that. Long story short, I was deported back to Dubai (where I connected). If you want the long version so I can tell you what to do when you are deported let me know.
was the other passport a pakistani passport????
Old Jul 10, 2017, 9:58 pm

Programs: SPG LT Plat ANA Plat
Originally Posted by B747-437B
You WILL be turned around and sent home if there is no space in your passport to affix the visa sticker.

You also potentially (though unlikely) face prosecution and/or a ban from travel to India for making a false statement in the application that you had the required empty pages available.

Also keep in mind that if you get a new passport issued (as opposed to additional pages), you will need to reapply for the visa online as the previously approved eVisa is linked to the passport number.
I belive you can only use e visa once per year, you may not be able to get re issued and will need a standard visa.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:41 am

Originally Posted by BRITINJAPAN3
I belive you can only use e visa once per year, you may not be able to get re issued and will need a standard visa.
Twice per year, with dual entry each time, with a total validity of 60 days from first entry. Varies a little with type of eVisa

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.