Reload this Page >

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 2, 2019, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TWA884
Please check out the parallel thread in the Travel Safety/Security Trusted Travelers forum:

Global Entry for Citizens of India
Print Wikipost

India joins US Global Entry programme.

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:26 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by sunidhi
You can apply for aadhar card online application also you can link your aadhar card with pan card.
My understanding is NRI's should not be getting an Aadhar card. The less info I give the govt, better it is!
Old Aug 30, 2017, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the details Keyser! I mailed CBP for a refund as the process looks too complicated for now. I was in Mumbai till yesterday and given the crazy rains, decided to skip the PSK process. I arrived at JFK and I was pleased that they have got rid additional customs process. The immigration officer takes the custom form and you are done. Given that they have kiosks for returning ESTA/B1-B2 and GE, its been quick entry for my last few trips. Only thing I really care for is TSA Pre!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 11:12 am

Hi Guys, I have an Indian passport issued in US with US address. Should I go ahead with the process? My parents live in India, can I give their address in the passport seva website?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by answerme
Hi Guys, I have an Indian passport issued in US with US address. Should I go ahead with the process? My parents live in India, can I give their address in the passport seva website?
Do you have an Aadhaar card with your parents' address? If yes, then go ahead.

If not, I don't know how you would go about getting you verification done by Indian authorities. Maybe someone else can chime in on that?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR Gold
Hi guys
I am pretty new to the frequent flying community.

Regarding the Global Entry/TSA-Pre I have the following questions that I am unable to find the answer to on regular websites:

1. I am on H1B visa here in US and I want to register for TSA-Pre. Am I eligible to do so without going through Global Entry?

2. I am planning to go back to India for a couple of weeks in January. By when should I be done applying for GOES and schedule the appointment with PSK? Also, do I schedule it myself or am I randomly given a date to come to PSK? I am just trying to come up with a viable timeline for the process before getting my tickets done. Looks like the Indian process takes a whole lot of time so I can plan to come back to US just a few days after the police verification.
I am just wondering if the steps at the PSK will be smooth and fast enough given the ineffective bureaucracy.

3. Does the H1B visa need to be physically stamped on the passport for either of the steps in the previous question?

4. Has anyone's application moved ahead over to CBP ever since you applied for Global Entry?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 6, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by dkuchhal
1. I am on H1B visa here in US and I want to register for TSA-Pre. Am I eligible to do so without going through Global Entry?
i believe tsa-pre is available for all legal residents of the us so you should be eligible for it without global entry....

2. I am planning to go back to India for a couple of weeks in January. By when should I be done applying for GOES and schedule the appointment with PSK? Also, do I schedule it myself or am I randomly given a date to come to PSK? I am just trying to come up with a viable timeline for the process before getting my tickets done. Looks like the Indian process takes a whole lot of time so I can plan to come back to US just a few days after the police verification.
I am just wondering if the steps at the PSK will be smooth and fast enough given the ineffective bureaucracy.
where in india????

the email from passport seva will arrive within a few days (typically 2-4 days) after you submit the global entry application....once you fill out that form you will be given an option to schedule an interview but its been reported that the only option they give is for a day or two later....so my suggestion would be to submit that form the day you get to india....the police verification will then follow & should typically be done within a week, depending on which city you are in....

3. Does the H1B visa need to be physically stamped on the passport for either of the steps in the previous question?
not sure....but my guess is that is wouldn't matter....

4. Has anyone's application moved ahead over to CBP ever since you applied for Global Entry?
don't think so....i was told that i was the first applicant from india but i'm still waiting for conditional approval....all the other people i know who have applied are still waiting as well....
Old Sep 6, 2017, 6:55 am

- You can't. You have to be a permanent resident or citizen for TSA-Pre application. Airlines can/do voluntarily offer TSA-Pre randomly at times to frequent flyers, regardless of their residency status. You can apply for SENTRI and that'll get you access to TSA-Pre.

- Visa Control Number was one of the item asked on my application form and I am on H1B. Instructions also suggest that we need to update our visa information with nearest CBP offices on every change/update... I think you'll need a stamped visa.

- Nope.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 10:41 am

Hi guys

Apply in mid-late December.

Once you submit the CBP application on the GOES system, you will get a link from the Indian passport authority to fill a form.

That form has to be filled, and after submission, an appointment has to be scheduled at your local passport office

Last edited by anirudh666; Sep 8, 2017 at 6:54 am Reason: Apply mid-late December
Old Sep 8, 2017, 12:05 am

Guys, any movement at all? Mine is still stuck at that final (or whatever) stage.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by scuffbucket
Guys, any movement at all? Mine is still stuck at that final (or whatever) stage.
no movement & you shouldn't expect anything for a while....
Old Sep 13, 2017, 2:40 pm

Programs: EY
GOES to be replaced by new TTP website

New website as of October 1st

Posted on September 12, 2017

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of its newest cloud-based website, the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System, which will be replacing the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) on October 1, 2017.

The TTP System website will use Login.gov for authentication. You will also need your PASSID/membership number. If you have already started an application to one of the TTP programs please submit as soon as possible or it will be cancelled if not submitted by Oct 1.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1207

** Trusted Traveler Program Launches New Website ** Global Online Enrollment System (GOES) to be replaced by Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) Website.

** Update as of September 12, 2017**

· U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is pleased to announce the upcoming launch of its newest cloud-based website, the Trusted Traveler Programs (TTP) System, which will be replacing the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). You may add the following website link to your favorites now for future reference: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/

The TTP System website will use Login.gov for authentication. When you first use the new TTP System website you will need to create a Login.gov account if you do not already have one. For more information on Login.gov, visit https://login.gov/. Please be advised that you will no longer be able to use your GOES user ID/password to login to the TTP System website.

If you have ever applied to Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST, please take the opportunity to ensure your profile information is correct and take note of the PASSID or membership number assigned to you as you will need to provide these the first time you login to the new website. This will allow CBP to accurately retrieve your information from its records. You can access your profile information by logging into your GOES account (https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/) and clicking on the "Change Profile" link of your homepage. The PASS ID appears towards the top left corner of your homepage. It can also be located on the back of your TTP card or on previous notification letters.

If you have already started an application but have not submitted it, please do so as soon as possible. Otherwise, your application will be cancelled when the TTP System website is launched and you will need to reapply through the TTP System website.

Last edited by xobile; Sep 13, 2017 at 2:42 pm Reason: Included date of change
Old Sep 14, 2017, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xobile
You may add the following website link to your favorites now for future reference: https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/
link not working as of now....
Old Sep 18, 2017, 7:04 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
link not working as of now....
I guess we have to check back on Oct 1
Old Sep 19, 2017, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Keyser
so here is a bit of disturbing info i received from a friend of mine who is a senior ranking official in the external affairs ministry....i was having dinner with him last night & we were discussing the global entry program among other things....

he said the procedure is pretty complicated & works something like this:

the first step is the interview at the passport seva office where they will upload the passport details & bio metrics & photograph....once this is complete they will initiate police verification....

the second step is the police verification whereby someone from the police will visit your home to verify certain details....once this is complete they will send their report back to the passport office....this completes phase 1 of the process....

the third step is the passport office sending their phase 1 report to the finance ministry & external affairs ministry....

the fourth step is the finance ministry forwarding the report to the ed (enforcement directorate) so that they can verify your details & check if there are no economic crimes pending against you....at the same time the external affairs ministry shall forward the report to the ib (intelligence bureau), cbi (central bureau of investigation) & raw (research and analysis wing) to check if there are any criminal proceedings pending against you....once clearances from all these agencies is received then the individual reports will be sent back to the passport seva office....this will complete phase 2 of the process....

the fifth step is the passport seva office sending a consolidated report back to the cbp letting them know whether or not they recommend the individual for entry into the global entry program....

according to my friend this whole process can take anywhere from a couple of months to a year before the report goes to the cbp....at this point he expects the average wait time to be about 6 months....as of now the external affairs ministry & the finance ministry are not even sending the phase 1 reports to the respective agencies as & when they receive them....they wait till the end of the month & then send all the reports in one go....this wastes more time....

i have no reason to not believe my friend since he is involved with this process....he admits that the process is extremely frustrating & was not thought through when it was implemented but this is the way they have decided to do things so we have no option but to wait....
Is this information confirmed to be correct (hard to fathom but believable, coming from our babus)? I plan to travel to India through Nov-12 to Jan-02. Is this enough time to do the Global entry rituals? Or should I ask for a refund?

thank you!
Old Sep 20, 2017, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by bones20
Is this information confirmed to be correct (hard to fathom but believable, coming from our babus)? I plan to travel to India through Nov-12 to Jan-02. Is this enough time to do the Global entry rituals? Or should I ask for a refund?

thank you!
More than enough for Indian rituals.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.