Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

BLR: International to domestic transfer and airport hotel

Old Jun 19, 2017, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

We have a 12hour transit (2a-2p) and will use this time to stay at the airport hotel. Knowing that bags will have to be claimed upon arrival/rechecked for the domestic leg, I'm assuming we can hold on to them instead and check them in later? Not sure how I feel about having my bags out of sight for that long.

Looks like the airport hotel isn't all that far (250m, from their website). But there's also mention of a shuttle ... this would be handy with our bags. Does this operate 24x7? I can also call the hotel to find out.

Or use the porter service, perhaps?

Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by malgudi
We have a 12hour transit (2a-2p) and will use this time to stay at the airport hotel. Knowing that bags will have to be claimed upon arrival/rechecked for the domestic leg, I'm assuming we can hold on to them instead and check them in later? Not sure how I feel about having my bags out of sight for that long.
you will have to hold on to your bags as the airline won't check them in 12 hours before your flight....
Old Jun 27, 2017, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Thanks Keyser! That solves one of my problems

Turns out the Taj Airport hotel charges R550 each way for the shuttle transfer (approx 0.6 mile in each direction)

Do you know if the porter service will schlep our bags to the hotel for a fee?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Thanks Keyser! That solves one of my problems

Turns out the Taj Airport hotel charges R550 each way for the shuttle transfer (approx 0.6 mile in each direction)

Do you know if the porter service will schlep our bags to the hotel for a fee?
unlikely....but there is no harm in asking....even if they do agree to do it, i would imagine they would expect around inr 500 for it so you are better off taking the shuttle....
Old Jun 30, 2017, 8:10 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum

Looks like the airport hotel isn't all that far (250m, from their website). But there's also mention of a shuttle ... this would be handy with our bags. Does this operate 24x7? I can also call the hotel to find out.

Or use the porter service, perhaps?

Stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and it's a 5 min walk in all from the terminal to hotel. I remember the hotel saying they charge for a drop at the airport and at that time there was no complimentary shuttle. I had just one small bag and so the walk with the bag was no problem...
If your not keen on using the porter service, then best bet would be to wheel your luggage on the luggage trolley till the hotel.. Once at the Hotel gate, the hotel security would take over and get your stuff to the reception.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

I called the hotel to say the least they could do was to offer a complimentary shuttle for such a short distance (esp when you are paying R5-6k for the room and an early checkout as well).

They were kind enough to agree ... will see if the shuttle shows up If not, I'll use the trolley as you suggest.

Originally Posted by quarryking
Stayed at this hotel earlier in the year and it's a 5 min walk in all from the terminal to hotel. I remember the hotel saying they charge for a drop at the airport and at that time there was no complimentary shuttle. I had just one small bag and so the walk with the bag was no problem...
If your not keen on using the porter service, then best bet would be to wheel your luggage on the luggage trolley till the hotel.. Once at the Hotel gate, the hotel security would take over and get your stuff to the reception.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.