Community
Wiki Posts
Search

e-tv application question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

e-tv application question

The application is a bit confusing to me, perhaps due to my peculiar situation. Those who have held an Indian passport in the past may have some insight into this.

On the application, it asks if you have visited india before?
- I have, on my indian passport 8 years ago (before i acquired a different citizenship).

If i say yes to this, it asks more information about the previous Visa, which obviously i do not have as it does not apply.

If i say no to this, further down the form it asks the countries i have visited in the past 10 years, of which India is one.

Wondering what others in the same situation have done in the past. It obviously seems a bit sketchy saying i have not visited india before and then listing in the countries i visited in the last 10 years.

Appreciate any help
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:10 pm

Why not get an OCI card instead?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by 250crew
If i say yes to this, it asks more information about the previous Visa, which obviously i do not have as it does not apply.
just state here that you did not require a visa because you had indian citizenship....
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
just state here that you did not require a visa because you had indian citizenship....
There is no option to explain anything if you select yes, just a drop down list of various visa types you have to select from and dates that are mandatory.

I left it off as No and went ahead with the application and submitted it. I guess i will deal with it at the airport if they question it.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I hope you have a declaration with you issued by the local CGI from when you officially surrendered your Indian citizenship. The immigration people watch out for that like a hawk. If you don't have one, get one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.