Search

Transit visa required?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2016, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Transit visa required?

Hi

Quick question regarding visa requirements

I will be arriving on LX146 from Zurich and connecting to AI263 to Male (this flight seems to have a layover in TRV for 45 mins. Bags will be transferred by the airline. One ticket.

Do i need a transit visa?

Thanks
Old Oct 4, 2016, 2:22 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
No, since AI263 is an international flight.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 6:03 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by irishuser
Hi

I will be arriving on LX146 from Zurich and connecting to AI263 to Male (this flight seems to have a layover in TRV for 45 mins. Bags will be transferred by the airline. One ticket.

Thanks
On which country's passport do you travel? Most FTers in such situation would not need an Indian transit visa for this.
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GUWonder
On which country's passport do you travel? Most FTers in such situation would not need an Indian transit visa for this.
We'll be travelling on EU passports.

For some reason with the layover in TRV it might cause issues due to it landing internally.

thanks
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
We'll be travelling on EU passports.

For some reason with the layover in TRV it might cause issues due to it landing internally.

thanks
no need for a visa....
Old Feb 16, 2017, 10:44 am

Hello, just wondering if you can confirm whether you needed a transit visa? We are in going to be in the same situation, but flying from the US to Korea and then going to DEL to get onto flight AI 263 to MLE with a quick stop at TRV.

Thank you!
Old Mar 2, 2017, 10:10 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by skchan628
Hello, just wondering if you can confirm whether you needed a transit visa? We are in going to be in the same situation, but flying from the US to Korea and then going to DEL to get onto flight AI 263 to MLE with a quick stop at TRV.

Thank you!
I am also in the same situation but going thru NRT instead of ICN. Curious if I need a transit visa with the quick stop at TRV. Thanks X 2!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:22 pm

Hi

Thanks
Irishuser —> I’ll be in the same exact case next month, traveling from ZHR to MLE via DEL (AI263). Could you please confirm that you didn’t had any issue not having an Indian transit visa even with the stopover in TRV for the DEL-MLE segment?

Thanks!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: Zero Status Nexus
Originally Posted by Gregory Dutrieux
Irishuser —> I’ll be in the same exact case next month, traveling from ZHR to MLE via DEL (AI263). Could you please confirm that you didn’t had any issue not having an Indian transit visa even with the stopover in TRV for the DEL-MLE segment?

Thanks!
No India visa or transit visa required, just head to the transfer desk and pick up your AI263 boarding pass if you don't have one (which I didn't, UA, nor NH could print my boarding pass). You will go thru security once. You will remain onboard the plane at TRV prior to MLE so its not a layover nor a stopover. The TRV security will do an onboard sweep while you remain in your seat and you will need to confirm your carryon or handbag if you have either or both. Enjoy your trip!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.