Community
Wiki Posts
Search

del airport taj one day

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
thanks-from the int airport seems to be almost 4 hrs to the taj though?
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:00 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by bryanwallace
thanks-from the int airport seems to be almost 4 hrs to the taj though?
In a decent car, you can do it in much less. We went in a 18 seater bus and he was doing 60k on average and it took 4 hours per way. A car could do it in 2.5-3 hours tops per way.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by wolf72
In a decent car, you can do it in much less. We went in a 18 seater bus and he was doing 60k on average and it took 4 hours per way. A car could do it in 2.5-3 hours tops per way.
i drove to agra this past weekend & it took me 2.5 hours each way....but if i had a flight to catch the same day then i would not take a chance on this route....
Old Sep 29, 2016, 8:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
i drove to agra this past weekend & it took me 2.5 hours each way....but if i had a flight to catch the same day then i would not take a chance on this route....
Which route did you take? We took the brand new highway and it was a very easy drive getting to and from Agra.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: AC Aeroplan ;BA GOLD;HH GOLD;FAIRMONT PREMIER;SPG GOLD;PR PASS.
Charter a helicopter!! through Oberoi Aviation!!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Which route did you take? We took the brand new highway and it was a very easy drive getting to and from Agra.
the new highway....
Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Keyser
the new highway....
He lands at 8.10am. He departs at 9.15pm. That's almost 12 hours. 5 hour-6 hour journey to/from Agra.

He has at least an hour to two hours to spend at the Taj alone.

That leaves him hours spare.

What's the problem?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

He lands at 8.10am. He departs at 9.15pm. That's almost 12 hours. 5 hour-6 hour journey to/from Agra.

He has at least an hour to two hours to spend at the Taj alone.

That leaves him hours spare.

What's the problem?
the problems could be:

incoming flight gets delayed....

traffic from the airport to the highway during peak rush hour time (which could take anywhere between half an hour to a couple of hours)....

traffic from the highway to the taj (which could take anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more)....

traffic back from the taj to the highway & then again from the highway to the airport....

car breaks down....

if all goes well then there is no problem & the op would make it back to the airport with a couple of hours to spare....but if i have to catch an international flight on the same day then i wouldn't take a chance....

a few months ago i was driving back from agra & it took me a little over 2 & a half hours from my hotel to get back to the delhi border (which is less than 5 minutes from my house)....then at the border there was an accident which caused the traffic at the toll or slow down to a crawl....it took me more than an hour to get through that....so a journey that should have taken 2 & a half hours took me over 4 hours....

yesterday i made it from my house to the airport road in 40 minutes....then it took me another 45 minutes to travel the last 2-3 kms to get to the terminal....

its quick once you get on the highway....the problem is that there is no guarantee how long it will take you once you are off the highway, specially in peak hour traffic which the op will counter both ways....
Old Oct 1, 2016, 1:46 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
OP & Others
Do listen to keyser, he lives in Delhi. Knows what he he is talking about.
On my last three visits to Delhi over two years, I was a victim of horrendous traffic. Swore I will not go back. Let's see !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.