Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > India
Reload this Page >

best time to visit the golden triangle ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2016, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

what is the best time of the year to visit india's golden triangle (delhi, agra, jaipur)? i am thinking about visiting in late december/early jan what would be the weather like ? too rainy ? also, aside from the cities i mentioned, what are the other nearby places worth visiting?

Last edited by obsessi; Jul 3, 2016 at 5:43 pm
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
december & january would be a good time....rain is unlikely in these months but it will be cold....
Old Jul 4, 2016, 7:56 am

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
Originally Posted by obsessi
what is the best time of the year to visit india's golden triangle (delhi, agra, jaipur)? i am thinking about visiting in late december/early jan what would be the weather like ? too rainy ? also, aside from the cities i mentioned, what are the other nearby places worth visiting?
There are many places nearby worth visiting. But we'd need more details to help. How long are you planning to go for? Do you like forts, palaces, nature or religious sites?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
december & january would be a good time....rain is unlikely in these months but it will be cold....
i am curious, what would be the ideal time to visit ?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shounak
There are many places nearby worth visiting. But we'd need more details to help. How long are you planning to go for? Do you like forts, palaces, nature or religious sites?
forts and places , but i was asking about other towns . btw i was thinking about rambagh palace jaipur, but i seems to be far out of town. so i won't get a chance to explore the city i really liked the photos though, do you know about the transportation in this area ? can i get a taxi to the town ? and how long would the journey to the major sights take ?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
forts and places , but i was asking about other towns . btw i was thinking about rambagh palace jaipur, but i seems to be far out of town. so i won't get a chance to explore the city i really liked the photos though, do you know about the transportation in this area ? can i get a taxi to the town ? and how long would the journey to the major sights take ?
Towns have various characters..Ajmer and Pushkar are both really nice and also pilgrimage destinations. Both are within a day's drive from Jaipur. Udaipur and Jodhpur are both worth seeing if you are willing to fly or take the train. Devigarh is a great palace hotel which is a couple of hours outside of Jaipur.

I've never had trouble commuting around from Rambagh. Plus, Ola - which is a radio cab service - runs in Jaipur. You just need to download their app.

To get to the really nice forts - Amer and Jaigarh - you'll probably need to commit a day, so I would look to hire a car for that day.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Mid to late February.

Late December/Early January has more fog and mosquito problems.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold
We just did the northern triangle in late December (myself, wife, teenage daughter). We added on 2 days at Ranthambhore National Park, which was a lot of fun. (Tiger safaris, etc).

We thought the weather was excellent (we're from Los Angeles). Weather was in the mid- and upper-70's the whole time (F). No rain. There was a little bit of fog on some mornings, but generally clear skies by lunch. Never had mosquito problems.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 1:46 am

Any time you can visit the Golden Triangle.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 4:21 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by filmdave
We just did the northern triangle in late December (myself, wife, teenage daughter). We added on 2 days at Ranthambhore National Park, which was a lot of fun. (Tiger safaris, etc).

We thought the weather was excellent (we're from Los Angeles). Weather was in the mid- and upper-70's the whole time (F). No rain. There was a little bit of fog on some mornings, but generally clear skies by lunch. Never had mosquito problems.
The Golden Triangle area having just weather in the 70s the whole time in late December is not common for the area at that time.

It's certainly not a rainy period in the area, but mosquito problems tend to be worse in December and January than say in dusty/dry/hot April.

I am including Agra and Delhi as key parts of such a trip.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
i am curious, what would be the ideal time to visit ?
i would say february would be the ideal month....
Old Jul 25, 2016, 10:53 pm

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion, AA
October, January, February, and March were all good, but I prefer February .
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:18 pm

The Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary west of Agra is an amazing place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.