Community
Wiki Posts
Search

North Indian Cricket and Other Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

North Indian Cricket and Other Questions

Hello. I'm planning a 10ish day trip for my fiance and I in December of this year. I have a few questions:
  1. How is the Mandore Express between Jodphur and Delhi? Does anyone have any experience with the first class cabins? The overnight trip takes about 10 hours?
  2. When is cricket season? We'd like to catch a match.
  3. Do any of Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, or Jodhpur have particularly unique cuisines? We plan to do a few food walks while we're there.

Thanks!
Old Jun 24, 2016, 2:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DPoulnot
When is cricket season? We'd like to catch a match.
everyday is cricket season in india....

but on a more serious note, india is currently not scheduled to play any international matches in december....
Old Jun 25, 2016, 2:23 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
india is currently not scheduled to play any international matches in december....
The Ranji Trophy will be in full swing in December. There will almost certainly be some First Class games on in Delhi during that month.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:27 am
Original Poster

Thanks!

Seeing a national team match would be ideal, but watching the club teams would be perfectly suitable. When are the schedules announced? Where is the best website to view them?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by DPoulnot
Seeing a national team match would be ideal, but watching the club teams would be perfectly suitable. When are the schedules announced? Where is the best website to view them?
Best place for up-to-date info will be CricInfo.

There will be a home series against England ongoing during December, but final schedule is yet to be determined. Venues for the England games are Mohali, Rajkot, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Chennai for the Tests; Pune, Cuttack and Kolkata for the ODIs and Bangalore, Nagpur and Kanpur for the T20Is.

Once schedule is finalised, you will be able to find it here :

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...plate=fixtures
Old Jul 24, 2016, 6:36 am
Original Poster

Hi All -

I'm thinking of the following for a 10ish day trip to NW India:
1. Delhi 2 days (after international arrival)
2. Car-hire to Agra; Agra for 2 nights / 1 full day
3. Train to Jaipur; Jaipur for 2 days
4. Train to Jodphur; Jodphur for 2 days
5. Flight to Delhi

Does this seem like a reasonable (if not super unique) itinerary? Can anyone point me to pictures of the various train classes?

Thanks!
Old Jul 24, 2016, 12:09 pm

Programs: QR: Gold; Marriott: Amb; UA: 1K; Taj: Silv
It's a reasonable itinerary.

I agree and always think flying back to Delhi makes the most sense. There's no need to spend more time on trains than necessary.

The Agra Jaipur train choices include a first class seater, which is quite nice. Given the amount of time you have, I would actually take out Jodhpur and devote an additional day or two to Jaipur. If you just add one day to Jaipur, spend an extra day in Delhi.
Old Sep 9, 2016, 9:45 am

Programs: UA, IHG
Originally Posted by B747-437B
Best place for up-to-date info will be CricInfo.

There will be a home series against England ongoing during December, but final schedule is yet to be determined. Venues for the England games are Mohali, Rajkot, Mumbai, Visakhapatnam and Chennai for the Tests; Pune, Cuttack and Kolkata for the ODIs and Bangalore, Nagpur and Kanpur for the T20Is.

Once schedule is finalised, you will be able to find it here :

http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/co...plate=fixtures
Looks like India is playing Tests vs England in December. Besides, Ranji Trophy matches will be going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.